Carp Anglers Group Forums
  • Announcements

Sign in to follow this  
FJR1

WCCL 2013 - RD 3 - Sunday, July 28

WCCL 2013 - RD 3 - Sunday, July 28 at Joliet - peg draw at 6:00 a.m., fishing from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m

wccl_banner.jpg

I just heard from Tracy Jourdan who indicated that he's been busier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest. He asked me to help out with the July session of the Windy City Carp League.

Here are the details:

1. The July 2013 session of the Windy City Carp League will be held on Sunday, July 28, 2013 at the DesPlaines River in Joliet, IL

2. There will be a cap of 24 carpers for this event to coincide with the usual 24 pegs that are available on the east and west banks of the river.

3. We will be able to fish 3 rods. Bring long-handled nets. Weigh-ins must be witnessed.

4. This year we will be fishing from 7a.m. to 4 p.m. Draw for pegs will be at 6 a.m. sharp. Entry fee is $20 ($15 for total weight and $5 for big fish).

5. There will be a 100% payout of fees with 60%-40% split for first and second place total weight and 100% of the big fish pot going to the angler catching the big carp of the day.

6. We will meet at the parking lot near the usual pegs 5-6 (just south of the Jefferson St. Bridge on the west bank).

7. This tournament will feature a walk-off peg draw. We will draw chips with numbers on them at 6:00 a.m., and peg choices will be made in the numerical order of your particular drawn chip.

8. Hardcore anglers might consider making a weekend of it with participation in the Allen Park, Ottawa, IL event on Saturday followed by the WCCL event on Sunday in Joliet.

7. Post on this thread if you are in, and I will start a list of participants Any questions, please feel free to ask. I will do my best to answer quickly. Thank you for reading this and fishing another year with the league. --Frank Rink for Tracy Jourdan

Participants for July 28 WCCL event in Joliet, IL
1. Frank Rink

Thanks, Cory. We can always count on you.

1. Frank Rink
2. Cory Bohmann

We welcome Jim Rink to the July 28 WCCL session at Joliet.

1. Frank Rink
2. Cory Bohmann
3. Jim Rink

Im in!

That's four. Thanks, Larry.

1. Frank Rink

2. Cory Bohmann

3. Jim Rink

4. Larry Seeman

Mike Olinger is out of the July 27 Ottawa Tournaments but will participate in the WCCL Joliet event on July 28.

Tony and Christine Stout will join us on July 27 in Ottawa and will make a weekend of it by then traveling to Joliet for the July 28 event. Thanks and welcome, Tony and Christine!

Participants for July 27 "Saturday in the Park" Two Tournaments in One Day event in Ottawa, IL

1. Frank Rink
2. Cory Bohmann
3. Jim Rink

4. Dave Marceau

5. Christine Stout
6. Tony Stout

7. Sydney Wade

8. Robert Kraft
9. Fred Rhodes

1. Frank Rink
2. Cory Bohmann
3. Jim Rink

4. Larry Seeman

5. Christine Stout
6. Tony Stout

7. Mike Olinger

There are a couple changes to the Windy City Carp League session on July 28 that are different than the J-Town events held in the fall and winter:

1. So as to eliminate the pre-conceived notion that an angler is the winner before the event even begins, peg #1 and #2 will not be available on July 28.

2. If you have an end peg, you can't move as far as you wish to the left or right. In other words, if you choose peg 3, you cannot throw lines into pegs 1 and 2. You can cast halfway to the next peg or, if you are on an end, within 15 yards of your flag.

We welcome Tony Sladek to the July 26 WCCL Tournament in Joliet:

1. Frank Rink
2. Cory Bohmann
3. Jim Rink

4. Larry Seeman

5. Christine Stout
6. Tony Stout

7. Mike Olinger
8. Tony Sladek

WCCL 2013 - RD 3 - Sunday, July 28 at Joliet - peg draw at 6:00 a.m., fishing from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m

wccl_banner.jpg

I just heard from Tracy Jourdan who indicated that he's been busier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest. He asked me to help out with the July session of the Windy City Carp League.

Here are the details:

1. The July 2013 session of the Windy City Carp League will be held on Sunday, July 28, 2013 at the DesPlaines River in Joliet, IL

2. There will be a cap of 24 carpers for this event to coincide with the usual 24 pegs that are available on the east and west banks of the river.

3. We will be able to fish 3 rods. Bring long-handled nets. Weigh-ins must be witnessed.

4. This year we will be fishing from 7a.m. to 4 p.m. Draw for pegs will be at 6 a.m. sharp. Entry fee is $20 ($15 for total weight and $5 for big fish).

5. There will be a 100% payout of fees with 60%-40% split for first and second place total weight and 100% of the big fish pot going to the angler catching the big carp of the day.

6. We will meet at the parking lot near the usual pegs 5-6 (just south of the Jefferson St. Bridge on the west bank).

7. This tournament will feature a walk-off peg draw. We will draw chips with numbers on them at 6:00 a.m., and peg choices will be made in the numerical order of your particular drawn chip.

8. Hardcore anglers might consider making a weekend of it with participation in the Allen Park, Ottawa, IL event on Saturday followed by the WCCL event on Sunday in Joliet.

7. Post on this thread if you are in, and I will start a list of participants Any questions, please feel free to ask. I will do my best to answer quickly. Thank you for reading this and fishing another year with the league. --Frank Rink for Tracy Jourdan

1. Frank Rink

I would make a weekend out of it, but the Ted Nugent concert is Saturday night in Chicago Ridge. Can't miss this one!

I would make a weekend out of it, but the Ted Nugent concert is Saturday night in Chicago Ridge. Can't miss this one!

Watch your back at that event. Lots of knife-toting, gun-carrying crazies attend those, and Nugent will get them in a foul mood because his beloved Detroit just went belly-up bankrupt. Good luck with that. :blammo:

Not to make things complicated but say for example. 12 anglers show for this event are we going to use all 22 pegs in the peg draw or just the 12 best known fish producing pegs?

Not to make things complicated but say for example. 12 anglers show for this event are we going to use all 22 pegs in the peg draw or just the 12 best known fish producing pegs?

Your question does not apply to this event. Rule #7 indicates that this is a walk-off peg draw; that is, pegs are chosen by attending anglers:

"7. This tournament will feature a walk-off peg draw. We will draw chips with numbers on them at 6:00 a.m., and peg choices will be made in the numerical order of your particular drawn chip."

Anglers will choose their pegs in the order of the numbered chip they draw at 6:00 a.m. Hopefully, the best known fish producing pegs will be chosen rather than #5 or #13. Best of luck to all.

Don't forget that pegs 1 and 2 are not in play in this event. Hopefully, that will even the playing field.

1. Frank Rink

2. Cory Bohmann

3. Jim Rink

4. Larry Seeman

5. Christine Stout

6. Tony Stout

7. Mike Olinger

8. Tony Sladek

More openings are available. Post here.

Your question does not apply to this event. Rule #7 indicates that this is a walk-off peg draw; that is, pegs are chosen by attending anglers:

"7. This tournament will feature a walk-off peg draw. We will draw chips with numbers on them at 6:00 a.m., and peg choices will be made in the numerical order of your particular drawn chip."

Anglers will choose their pegs in the order of the numbered chip they draw at 6:00 a.m. Hopefully, the best known fish producing pegs will be chosen rather than #5 or #13. Best of luck to all.

Don't forget that pegs 1 and 2 are not in play in this event. Hopefully, that will even the playing field.

1. Frank Rink

2. Cory Bohmann

3. Jim Rink

4. Larry Seeman

5. Christine Stout

6. Tony Stout

7. Mike Olinger

8. Tony Sladek

More openings are available. Post here.

I understand that, but if I chose peg 17 and the closest angler to me is across the river, do I have to walk the fish over the bridge to get it witnessed?

I understand that, but if I chose peg 17 and the closest angler to me is across the river, do I have to walk the fish over the bridge to get it witnessed?

This question is answered by rule #3:

"3. We will be able to fish 3 rods. Bring long-handled nets. Weigh-ins must be witnessed."

Either walk across the river or bring a keepsack.

Based on a conversation I had with Tony Stout yesterday, I believe Sydney Wade is in this event as well. Welcome Sydney!

1. Frank Rink
2. Cory Bohmann
3. Jim Rink

4. Larry Seeman

5. Christine Stout
6. Tony Stout

7. Mike Olinger
8. Tony Sladek
9. Sydney Wade

Tony Sladek has another family commitment on Sunday. We are back to 8 for Tracy's WCCL event at Joliet on July 28. Post here if you are participating. Thanks.

1. Frank Rink
2. Cory Bohmann
3. Jim Rink

4. Larry Seeman

5. Christine Stout
6. Tony Stout

7. Mike Olinger
8. Sydney Wade

On second thought, I trust that all participating anglers will be honest, so if you are the only angler in one of the following groupings, you may weigh your own fish without a witness:

Pegs 3-4

Pegs 5-6-7-8

Pegs 9-10-11-12

Pegs 13-14-15-16

Pegs 17-18-19

Pegs 20-21-22

Pegs 23-24

This Windy City Carp League tournament is a GO with 8 anglers, but there is room for more. Post here if you are attending.

6:00 a.m. peg draw on Sunday, July 28 at pegs 6-7 in Joliet. Fishing from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.

$20 total entry fee for both total weight and big fish contest.

60%-40% split for top two total weight winners and 100% payout for big fish winner.

Good luck!

Participants, so far, for July 28 WCCL event in Joliet, IL

1. Frank Rink

2. Cory Bohmann

3. Jim Rink

4. Larry Seeman

5. Christine Stout

6. Tony Stout

7. Mike Olinger

8. Sydney Wade

Frank, I will not be able to attend the july 28th event at bicentennial park.

I will see most of you in a few weeks at the walters cup on the white river.

Good luck to everyone this Sunday.

OK. Thanks.

That puts us at six participants. For future reference and so that others aren't stuck in an event with minimal participation, I'd suggest that anglers not commit to an event until they are sure they can participate.

Despite the poor turnout, I guess I'll still run this event for Tracy due to the fact that three of six anglers came 3+ hours from Indiana. However, we should discuss prizes and pots before the event to make it worthwhile for the winner(s). Oh, well. At least we'll have bridge pegs for everyone.

1. Frank Rink

2. Cory Bohmann

3. Jim Rink

4. Larry Seeman

5. Christine Stout

6. Tony Stout

That puts us at six participants. For future reference and so that others aren't stuck in an event with minimal participation, I'd suggest that anglers not commit to an event until they are sure they can participate.

Despite the poor turnout, I guess I'll still run this event for Tracy due to the fact that three of six anglers came 3+ hours from Indiana. However, we should discuss prizes and pots before the event to make it worthwhile for the winner(s). Oh, well. At least we'll have bridge pegs for everyone.

1. Frank Rink

2. Cory Bohmann

3. Jim Rink

4. Larry Seeman

5. Christine Stout

6. Tony Stout

For those of you looking to fish close to some structure, peg #8 is for you. Huge tree 30ft off the bank and 30ft south of the bridge pillar.

Peg 5 looking better every day!! LOL