Carp Anglers Group Forums
  • Announcements

Sign in to follow this  
FJR1

Windy City Carp League record falls at July 28 session!

Windy City Carp League singe session weight record falls as Jim Rink and Cory Bohmann take 1-2 at July 28 session!

The Windy City Carp League single day record of 205 lbs., 15 ounces set by Tracy Jourdan at Chicago’s Jackson Harbor in 2011 was obliterated by not one, but two anglers at the July 28, 2013 session of the WCCL at Joliet, Illinois’ DesPlaines River.

Both Jim Rink (first in the event) and Cory Bohmann (second in the event) easily surpassed the magic 206 mark. Despite changing weather conditions from chilly morning temperatures to rain to a sunny sky to brisk winds; the top two winners combined for over 550 pounds of carp.

wccl_2013_jr_first_072813.jpg

Tournament champion Jim Rink (pictured above) caught 31 fish totaling 292 pounds, 2 ounces from peg 17. He captured over 135 pounds of carp in the last 90 minutes of the event! His top five carp were 17-14, 17-1, 16-13, 16-4, and 15-1. His new WCCL single day record may stand for some time.

wccl_2013_cb_2nd_072813.jpg

Cory Bohmann (pictured above) also had a great day with an outstanding 262 pounds, 11 ounces of carp. His 26 fish from peg 21 were highlighted by a top five grouping of 18-7, 17-0 muddler (pictured below), 15-14, 15-0, and 13-5!

wccl_2013_cb_17+muddler_072813.jpg

Cory also took the big fish pot with his 18-7 (pictured below).

wccl_2013_cb_1807_072813.jpg

Totals of the remaining top five anglers were also impressive and would have placed them in “money positions” at other Windy City Carp League events.

Christine Stout placed third with 15 fish that tallied 123 pounds, 14 ounces. Her big fish was a 13-6.

Frank Rink could only capture a 10-4 as his biggest carp (pictured below), but his 19 fish totaling 108-1 were good for fourth place.

wccl_2013_fr_1004_072813.jpg

Tony Stout pulled in a 6-6 mirror and also netted a 13-14 common that contributed to his eight fish total of 56-11 and fifth place.

Congratulations to the winners and thank you to all participants.

Round 4 of the 2013 Windy City Carp League will be held in August. The venue and exact date will be announced by League Founder and Chair Tracy Jourdan. --Frank Rink

wccl_2013_cb_rods_072813.jpg

Definitely a haul fest!! I wouldnt have been fast enough to help Cory and Jim!!

Wow!! Down here in Georgia we would call that "Carptimonious!!!!!" Well done to all! Great pictures and neat looking venue!!

We wondered what happened to you Larry. Peg 5 seemed to be working for you, early.

Will you take Peg 5 at the White River this Saturday? It's a good peg, I hear.

We wondered what happened to you Larry. Peg 5 seemed to be working for you, early.

Will you take Peg 5 at the White River this Saturday? It's a good peg, I hear.

I will give peg 5 a chance at Indy.

Good job Jim, you must have been worn out by the end of the day. I only caught 9 fish and I was tired,lol.

I was a little tired by the end of the day, Larry...but it was a good tired. I think I captured 30-some fish, with many doubles. The guy in the canal watch tour was even helping me see runs from the tour.

I hope all you guys on the Illinois team make it here on Saturday.

I had a local helping me a little, very little,lol.

Thanks, Larry, for sending Ira to me when you left. Nice guy but a bit talkative. Answering questions and tying rigs for two locals had me losing fish and a chance for third place. Thanks, a lot! :bonk::lol: