Carp Anglers Group Forums
  • Announcements

Sign in to follow this  
FJR1

WCCL 2013 - RD 4 - Sunday, August 11 - Joliet

WCCL 2013 - RD 4 - Sunday, August 11 at Joliet - peg draw at 6:00 a.m.; fishing from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m

wccl_banner.jpg

I'm happy to report that Tracy Jourdan has indicated that the Windy City Carp League will continue with Round #4 on August 11. Tracy has finished some professional commitments and will be able to host and participate. The Ashland bite has not been good, so, in light of the haulfest at Joliet last month, the August 11 session will be held at Bicentennial Park in Joliet once again.

Here are the details:

1. The August 2013 session of the Windy City Carp League will be held on Sunday, August 11, 2013 at the DesPlaines River in Joliet, IL

2. There will be a cap of 24 carpers for this event to coincide with the usual 24 pegs that are available on the east and west banks of the river.

3. We will be able to fish 3 rods. Bring long-handled nets. Weigh-ins must be witnessed unless you are at an isolated peg.

4. This year, we will be fishing from 7a.m. to 4 p.m. Draw for pegs will be at 6 a.m. sharp. Entry fee is $20 ($15 for total weight and $5 for big fish).

5. There will be a 100% payout of fees with 60%-40% split for first and second place total weight and 100% of the big fish pot going to the angler catching the big carp of the day.

6. We will meet at the parking lot near the usual pegs 5-6 (just south of the Jefferson St. Bridge on the west bank).

7. It will be Tracy's call about peg assignments. We will either do a random peg draw or a walk-off peg choice based on the order of your name drawn from the choice bag.

8. Post on this thread if you are in, and we will start a list of participants Any questions, please feel free to ask. I will do my best to answer quickly. Thank you for reading this and fishing another year with the league. --Frank Rink for Tracy Jourdan

Participants for August 11 WCCL event in Joliet, IL
1. Tracy Jourdan
2. Frank Rink

wccl_2013_cb_17+muddler_072813.jpg
17 pound muddler captured by Cory Bohmann at late July event at Joliet. Cory (262+) and Jim Rink (292+) both broke the WCCL single-day record for total weight.

This is just a friendly reminder that we ask participants that they not fish/bait the venue during the two days (Friday, Aug. 9 and Saturday, Aug. 10) prior to the event. Thank you!

Participants so far:
1. Tracy Jourdan
2. Frank Rink

I'm in, Frank !! Put me on the list

Dave

I'm in, Frank !! Put me on the list

Dave

In plz

Thanks, Dave. Thanks, Cory.

boostbaron-- Joliet, IL is a windy city every so often. I'll even bet Larry S. could refer to a recent shooting or stabbing in the park. It's the second Second City. :P:lol:

Participants so far:

1. Tracy Jourdan

2. Frank Rink

3. Dave Marceau

4. Cory Bohmann

Thanks, Dave. Thanks, Cory.

boostbaron-- Joliet, IL is a windy city every so often. I'll even bet Larry S. could refer to a recent shooting or stabbing in the park. It's the second Second City. :P:lol:

Participants so far:

1. Tracy Jourdan

2. Frank Rink

3. Dave Marceau

4. Cory Bohmann

We are trying to catch up to Chicago in shootings, stabbing ect.......

Or even a restaurant shooting :blammo:

Hello guys, I'm back. I've been busier than a one-legged carper in an ass-kicking contest. LOL! 4 weddings, school, and a sick mother. In between working part time at Wacker Baits. I've also started guiding for our favorite fish. Have a client coming from England later in the month. Wish there was a big enough venue on the north branch of the Chicago River for the league as I took 2 gentlemen out Saturday and tallied 28 fish for just over 250lbs. in 5 hours. :Banana: As far as this coming Sunday, we'll be having a regular draw just like we usually do. I'll have to try and regain my title for most poundage in a match. Just watched the weather and it's supposed to be very nice out. Answering BoostBaron, Joliet was an original stop the first couple of years we fished. Lastly, I'd like to send a big THANK YOU out to Dr. Rink for filling in when I needed it most. :hi501: See you Sunday. later

Isn't Montgomery fishing derby this Sunday?

The Montgomery Carp Fest is this Sunday, but it has changed. There are no more cash prizes.

Hello guys, I'm back. I've been busier than a one-legged carper in an ass-kicking contest. LOL! 4 weddings, school, and a sick mother. In between working part time at Wacker Baits. I've also started guiding for our favorite fish. Have a client coming from England later in the month. Wish there was a big enough venue on the north branch of the Chicago River for the league as I took 2 gentlemen out Saturday and tallied 28 fish for just over 250lbs. in 5 hours. :Banana: As far as this coming Sunday, we'll be having a regular draw just like we usually do. I'll have to try and regain my title for most poundage in a match. Just watched the weather and it's supposed to be very nice out. Answering BoostBaron, Joliet was an original stop the first couple of years we fished. Lastly, I'd like to send a big THANK YOU out to Dr. Rink for filling in when I needed it most. :hi501: See you Sunday. later

Glad to see you are back, Tracy. Thanks for the clarification on peg draw. I would suggest that we choose the best performing peg numbers to match with anglers that are present. In other words, if there are eight anglers at the tournament, pegs 17, 18, 21, 22, 23, 1, 9, and 16 might be considered for the blind draw. Your call, though. Thanks for hosting the league once again.--Frank

Participants so far:
1. Tracy Jourdan
2. Frank Rink

3. Dave Marceau
4. Cory Bohmann
5. Larry Seeman

Welcome Jim... hey can you bring me back some glow corn if you in west side before you leave. Thanks cory

I don't think I remember how to get to bum park Larry.

Can we caravan from your house?

I hope peg 5 is one of the available pegs this sunday.

I don't think I remember how to get to bum park Larry.

Can we caravan from your house?

I hope peg 5 is one of the available pegs this sunday.

Sure, just be here by 5:55am so we can be there by 6:00am

Only the east side of the river? Are you kidding me Larry?

Must be SKEERED!!!

Please sign me up for Sunday's WCCL event in Joliet.

Jim Rink

Thanks, Jim. Caravan meets at Larry's house and both sides of venue are open. :P

Participants so far:

1. Tracy Jourdan

2. Frank Rink

3. Dave Marceau

4. Cory Bohmann

5. Larry Seeman

6. Jim Rink