Carp Anglers Group Forums
  • Announcements

Sign in to follow this  
CHIBIGTEE

WCCL 2013 final sunday

This has been without a doubt the busiest summer of my life. Because of this I have to delay the final match until next Sunday Sept. 14. Hopefully it be better than earlier this year with less boat traffic. Let me know who wants to fish and I'll keep track here. This is the first time I turned my laptop in a month. later

I'd like to attend, Tracy, but the new schedule conflicts with a Hoosier Carpers event to which I committed some time ago. Best of luck at Diversey. --Frank

Some of us will be unable to attend Tracy's September 15 WCCL event at Diversey Harbor due to other commitments made before the event date was changed. However, I am hoping several commit in the next 24 hours so the tournament will take place.

Fish are still there despite the overnight cold front. I prefer not to fish a venue a few days prior to a contest. Therefore, I set up on the morning of September 13 about a quarter mile south of the venue on the zoo side of the Fullerton Ave. bridge. A strong north wind that signaled a 30 degree drop in temperatures from the previous few days did not stop the pictured 27-6 from being hungry enough to eventually see my net.

Carp will have better acclimated to the change in conditions by Sunday, so I hope Tracy's final WCCL event of the year becomes a reality with an adequate number of anglers. Best of luck. I wish I could have participated.--Frank

toks_fall_2013_fr_2706_091313.jpg

Good job frank, I really thought about going there today but ended up 130th and Ashland. You did a whole lot better than I.

Anything?

Ummmmm

Based on that response, I assume there was no event at Diversey Harbor. That Windy City Carp League cancellation along with last Wednesday's cancellation of the White River Carp League means a bit of a wait until the next competition--the 2013 CCC at Indianapolis on September 27-29. I might just have to fish for fun at the St. Joseph River in Benton Harbor, MI tomorrow and try for some of those nice fish that those Michigan boys are always posting.

With all the rain around you might want to rethink that trip to MI. Im guessing the waters will be pretty high seeing Chicago received 3" of rain overnight. Good luck though. :icon_smoking:

With all the rain around you might want to rethink that trip to MI. Im guessing the waters will be pretty high seeing Chicago received 3" of rain overnight. Good luck though. :icon_smoking:

You're right. Stupid move. I'm sitting here in a thunderstorm with lines pulled. Radar shows thunderstorms all day. Oh well. Heading home soon.

The spot I fished is just a quarter mile from Lake Michigan, so water levels were fine. However, the rain never let up and most of the time there was spent with lines out of the water due to lightning. I did manage a couple ten pounders after realizing that fish were on the flats rather than near bridge and bumper structure. Unfortunately, I could have done that well at Joliet, 110 miles closer to home than Benton Harbor. :bonk:

aiI2AP.jpg