Carp Anglers Group Forums
ohioiceman

Has anyone tried any supplement powders in boilies?

Just wondering. I have been reading the labels and this stuff is full of aminos and proteins. They have very strong smell so the strawberry smells like a strong strawberry etc... Most of the lines come in powder or liquid.

Way too expensive if you ask me. A little egg albumin and lactalbumin goes a long way. A good boilie does not have to be expensive. 1.5USD/lb is roughly what I spend on my homemade boilies.

cassien is great for pop ups , BUT pricey , as mario said boilies don't have to be pricey . Calf milk replacer runs anywhere from .50 cents a lb up to 1.00$ per lb depending on your supplier . An excellent ingredient and affordable too .

Was just wondering if anything in them would harm the carp or if they would be good additives. I have close to 100 1# sample jugs from companies like Dymatize,Muscle Pharm, Labrada etc. All kinds of flavors and formulas. Have about 50 8oz bottles of liquid supps as well from Muscle Milk. Thought about using them to super charge packbaits. I think I need to research which aminos are carp effective, or I will ask my carp knowledge guru "BUCKEYE BOB" lol or if any other gurus would be interested in sharing :)

Never tried them in boilies, never had a noticeable difference with them in method.

Wish they had a use, considering I went through so many different types trying to find one I could actually drink!