Carp Anglers Group Forums
Suzan Thompson

Columbus Area Saturday

Sorry to miss your post , Rob and Vince Shiflet and I hit the river in Columbus this morning until Noon , water temp still in the low 50's , some real nice carp caught up to 20 lbs. You know the spot , i'm sure Vince has told me he took you to this certain easy access spot.....and yes VERY windy, but hey fish were biting.

Word of warning if you ever fish with BOTH Shiflet brothers , never ever ever let them let them put the "squeeze" on you.......by that I mean let each one set up on either side of you....I can hang with them fishing as long as they are BOTH on one side or the other , but set up in the middle of them and you catch NOTHING...this has been proven time and time again by may other buckeye anglers....and Saturday they certainly put the squeeze on me once Rob showed up....after that I was just their net man !!!!!

LOL, I hear ya Scott, I've only ever caught one fish when fishing with them both at the same time.

Oh I have caught plenty of fish while fishing with them , either with just one or both......but out of my many trips with them I have figured out NEVER set in the middle...that just means you will BLANK for sure...if you put them to the right or left of you , you might have a fighting chance.

Heck look at poor Scott (Spankis) , he has spent coutless hours fishing with them and he has yet to catch a 20 lber.......WOW !!