Carp Anglers Group Forums

Minor problem resulted in multiple posts

(GA) needmotime2fish

Question

Last evening I replied to a recent thread under the Beginning Carping section, titled "All Guests Non CAG Member Please Read". However, when I tried to post my reply, after a while it appeared to time out, so I clicked the "post" button again -- with the same result. I copied my response and saved it, intending to try again later. But when I logged on again today, I found that BOTH of my posts had appeared twice, so both of my attempts to post had actually succeeded.

Normally I would just chalk this up to a local problem with my own computer or wireless connection. But I noticed that "So Cal Carper" also had a post that appeared multiple times on that same thread -- and his posts appeared immediately ahead of mine (they all appeared within about 10-15 minutes of each other). Putting both his and my "incidents" together, I thought that perhaps the CAG website might have experienced a glitch around the time that we were posting.

This hasn't been a problem before, and might have been a one-time thing. Or it could have just been a coincidence that we both experienced similar (but local) problems. Anyway, I was curious to see if these were just isolated cases, or if the web site -- or maybe even the web host -- had a problem.

0 answers to this question

I have had difficulty in attempting to post ideas on D.I.Y. projects, this very morning. I get most of the printing complete, when for some unknown reason, my computer shuts down. I have made three attempts, but am reluctant to proceed until this has been rectified. I cannot recall what was put into print, each time, which is most frustrating.