Carp Anglers Group Forums

NACA Latest Issue

rje

It was mailed early Jan. Not sure why it's not received yet.

Watch this tread : http://www.carpanglersgroup.com/forum/index.php?/topic/52771-please-let-us-know-when-you-recieve-your-naca/?hl=naca

Seems like nobody received theirs yet. ( Keep in mind we're relying on a organization that reported a 5 BILLION loss in 2013, and they wonder why )

Read it. I really liked the history article, quite a few things in there I had never seen published so far. The aquarium test is interesting, kudos for the effort, but using young fish in an aquarium, I don't know, I doubt this is fully meaningful. Still, some results were indeed rather unexpected. So much for garlic... And chili pepper doesn't work? Really? Is it why our editor resigned? :glare:

I'm still waiting for my copy, too. But based on the past performance of my local Post Office, that's not too surprising. I've lost all confidence in them. A few examples:

Last week I received two months' worth of Readers Digests on the same day. Some years ago I was expecting a check that was more than 2 weeks late, so the company reissued it. The second check arrived just fine. But three weeks after I got the reissued check, the first one finally arrived (5 weeks total). A couple years ago I mailed a bill payment, and a few days later, the P.O. returned half of an empty envelope to me (the part with the return address). Since they had destroyed the envelope and my check was missing, I asked them to pay my bank's "stop payment" fee -- which they refused to do. After that, I started paying all my bills on line, and asking for an electronic funds transfer any time a company sends me money. Also, I constantly get "junk mail" ads and coupons for deals that have already expired.

:really angry: :really angry: :really angry:

I'm sure my copy will arrive -- someday.

I'm still waiting for my copy, too. But based on the past performance of my local Post Office, that's not too surprising. I've lost all confidence in them. A few examples:

Last week I received two months' worth of Readers Digests on the same day. Some years ago I was expecting a check that was more than 2 weeks late, so the company reissued it. The second check arrived just fine. But three weeks after I got the reissued check, the first one finally arrived (5 weeks total). A couple years ago I mailed a bill payment, and a few days later, the P.O. returned half of an empty envelope to me (the part with the return address). Since they had destroyed the envelope and my check was missing, I asked them to pay my bank's "stop payment" fee -- which they refused to do. After that, I started paying all my bills on line, and asking for an electronic funds transfer any time a company sends me money. Also, I constantly get "junk mail" ads and coupons for deals that have already expired.

:really angry: :really angry: :really angry:

I'm sure my copy will arrive -- someday.

About the junk mail... It's always fun to take one of their "Return Postage Paid" envelopes (with the postage pre-paid), stuff it full of other junk mail, and send it back to them. Maybe some day they'll get the hint. But probably not.