Carp Anglers Group Forums
  • Announcements

AF Bob

Seaway 6 Pack Throwdown

Make plans to fish this brand new event on the banks of the mighty St Lawrence River in Waddington, NY :yes:

Www.seawaysixpackthrowdown.com Our Peg Sites are now posted!

SEAWAY 6 PACK THROWDOWN :swimminfish: As of Feb 5, 2014 SOLD OUT !!!!!!! :Banana: :Banana: :Banana: :Banana:
We have teams from OK, DC, NY, NJ, MA, IN and Canada. By request we have started a backup team list. We will keep all backups updated on any possible openings for this event.

Dates: May 15-18 2014
Place: Waddington NY

Big 6, two person team event.
Entry Fee: $600.00 US, per team (limited to 20 teams)

Cash Prizes for Big 6 Carp:
1st $4000.00
2nd $3000.00
3rd $1500.00

Big Fish by weight $1000.00

Teams must have 6 fish in their six pack to win!

All cash prizes based on a 20 team field. All carp must weigh at least 15 LBS to count

Call AF Bob at (315) 323-4632 or email barrongd@aol.com for info

$100.00 non refundable deposit due No Later Than March 1, 2014
Balance due NLT May 1, 2014

post-1005-0-62795600-1391139497.jpg

Edited by AF Bob

Here is a quick view of the events rules.

The Grand Marshal will oversee all marshals and ensure all tournament rules are followed! :hammerhead:

There will be a max of 20 team

A NY State fishing license is required to fish a

Each Angler may have only two rods in the water at one time , a max of one hook per rod is allowed. (Spod rods and back up rods are also allowed)

All peg sites will be off limits for fishing one week prior to the event's start date

Each angler will draw a peg number. The team will have 30 seconds to make a final choice

Pre baiting will be allowed on Thursday night. No camping at peg site until Friday morning. No boats of any kind will be used to bait. A max of 5 gallons can be used to pre bait your peg area

Fishing will start at 7AM and end at 2PM (Fishing around the clock) Fishing starts May 16, 2014 and ends on May 18, 2014

Anglers will cast into their peg's borders, a fish may be played outside the borders, but every effort should be made to fight and land the fish at your peg site.

One runner per team (see our website for runner rules)

Fish must be handled with care and returned to the water alive. Dead or snagged fish will not be counted into the 6 Pack

Fish must weigh at least 15 LBS to be counted into the 6 Pack

Marshals will use official scales and make the final call on all fish weights

Anglers must sign their score sheet after each catch

In case of a tie, the Big Fish in the 6 Pack will be used for the tie breaker, this will continue until a winning team is decided (1st Big Fish, 2nd Big fish and so on)

All anglers will clean their peg site at the end of the event.

Please contact AF Bob at (315) 323-4632 for info or email me at barrongd@aol.com

post-1005-0-23816100-1391139559.jpg

post-1005-0-53554400-1391139622.jpg

Edited by AF Bob

The Peg Draw and the Awards Dinner will be held at:

JC's River Run Bar and Grill

17 Bowling Court

Waddington, NY 13696

(315) 388-4462

post-1005-0-93099900-1391139666.jpg

Please mail deposits NLT April 30, 2014 to:

Bob Giordano

668 Ruddy Rd

Chase Mills, NY 13621

www.seaway6packthrowdown.com

post-1005-0-02266000-1391139809.jpg

post-1005-0-73414300-1391139826.jpg

Do you want to be a Marshal? Give me a call at (315) 323-4632

Thanks

AF Bob

Edited by AF Bob

Will the peg areas be on the main water, cove or all of the above?

Tom.

We are looking at pegs in Waddington at this time. Whitaker Park, Sucker Brook, the River Road Swim, Brandy Brook and The Dam. Some pegs may be off main river but they will all have at least 20 feet of water in casting distance. We will take care to pick 20 productive pegs. Brandy Brook is off the main river , as are two pegs in Whitaker Park.. Our goal is to make this the most competitive tournament ever. We want everyone to be in the fight from the start to finish.

Our motto will be "Go Big or Go Home!" :Old:

AF Bob

Bob, putting the dam in play would just turn it into a draw for those pegs IMHO Wouldn't Lieshman sp be closer and a more level option ?

The dam is our back up choice at this time. We know that some people feel it is a hot spot, which it can be. So it would only be used if needed (IE) to weedy, low water problems in other areas. I do feel that 6 Big Fish can be caught from any and all the areas that we will peg. Only two teams could fish Lieshman's so it would or could be a backup also

Damn sure wish we still lived in NY the Wife's parents live in Waddington hmmmm maybe a good time to visit the inlaws : ) Since NY is now a 3 rod legal state just wondering why limit anglers to 2?

Three rods would require larger peg areas to prevent crowding and tangling.

You welcome come up to visit :)

Should the carp be in the mood to spawn the creeks and coves will be loaded. Main channel will be left with close to nothing. jmho.

I live here and I fish these waters in May with good success. It is a great time to get some pre spawn fish. Most local guys here agree that the bite will be on and the weeds will be low. Some pegs will bite better in the day and some will bit better at night but large fish will be caught. It is always tuff to call the spawn on any water. I have fished a few events with the spawn on. It was a challenge but fish were still caught. Let's hope this year its in mid June. LOL :swimminfish:

Bob

We have eight teams signed up. :Banana: That leaves 12 spots to fill the event. Home you can make it! Come have fun and catch some St Lawrence brutes.

We have eight teams signed up. :Banana: That leaves 12 spots to fill the event. Home you can make it! Come have fun and catch some St Lawrence brutes.

Edited by AF Bob

Looking forward to fishing with you and Phil :yes:

Come over Andrew. I will put the World Cup on the Telie for you USA, USA, USA

Thanks Bob :)

I had to make a difficult decision and drop my 5-year-old partner due to extreme crankiness.

So who is the new happy partner lol

Anyone that would like to set up a tent at my house on May 15, 2014 is welcome to do so. There is two fire pits, a grill and you can fish in the Grasse River. Just let me know ASAP.

Thanks

Bob