Carp Anglers Group Forums
  • Announcements

Tom I got no dog in this fight. IMO some people went fishing,great. But IMO you comparing anything to feeling raped is a Big mistake.

Good work...

As a true American Carp Angler I feel as if I've been raped and asked to be ashamed of it.

Regards

Tom.

This is pure gold! Keep it coming Mr. Big, have another drink or two and lose your inhibitions and let us know how you truly feel

Guest THE BIG WORM

I'll tell YOU what is A shame, it is ashame that Team USA has been hijacked so other Europeans can attend this world event. In the past every effort was made to assure a true representation from the USA was made. Noon given this time.As a true American Carp Angler I feel as if I've been raped and asked to be ashamed of it.RegardsTom.

Tom,

If you want to take this to the off topic section, I would happily discuss my feelings on how American Carpers went from the closet to the forefront of the fishing scene and then p1Ss3d it away by not working together because people's ego's and back dealings got in the way.

I have always had a respect for you and your right to speak your mind, But the fact you would go on like this on someone else's section when the folks in question are not here to rebuff your comments seem the actions of a coward and not what one would expect from a proud Southern Gentleman or a true competator.....it kind of stinks

..... like you have your own agenda.

It's not always about you.

GO US! (Notice there is no G in U.S.)

I'll tell YOU what is A shame, it is ashame that Team USA has been hijacked so other Europeans can attend this world event. In the past every effort was made to assure a true representation from the USA was made. Noon given this time.

As a true American Carp Angler I feel as if I've been raped and asked to be ashamed of it.

Regards

Tom.

Sorry Tom but any respect I had for you just disappeared with that last comment. Very sad indeed.

Guest THE BIG WORM

There is a picture post of the current standings on the facebook page looks like Italy with 40 + pounds followed but England and France. I don't know if my conversions are right or how the penalty affect the standings. Still 15 of 24 with no fish.If someone knows how to move that image here it might help some follow along.

Damn, what the hell did I wander into? I thought I was joining a group of people that like fishing for carp.

You did Dan...just have to weather the storms that arise from time to time from some of the members. I notice you just recently joined the forum and are a CAG member. Welcome aboard...this'll pass. Great to have you on board.

Edited by Buckeye Bob

There is a picture post of the current standings on the facebook page looks like Italy with 40 + pounds followed but England and France. I don't know if my conversions are right or how the penalty affect the standings. Still 15 of 24 with no fish.If someone knows how to move that image here it might help some follow along.

The penalties are where each team pairing finishes in the separate sections..it's 1 point for first place in a section, 2 for second and so on down to last place...hence no fish means several teams have full penalties. This scoring system gives a truer reflection of the angling skill relative to the fellow competitors in a given area of the lake....basically, it reduces the element of luck...

Damn, what the hell did I wander into? I thought I was joining a group of people that like fishing for carp.

Welcome Dan

Don't worry about it. We have a few members who take inconsequential things a little too seriously and who don't always play nicely. As Bob suggested normal service will be resumed shortly. :)

Iain

For anyone interested, in the opening post to this thread, dated Feb or Mar, Lee is already trying to field a 2015 Team and wants to hear from anyone interested. Money and available vacation time was probably the the biggest "trial" for interested parties to overcome. Anyhow if your interested in being a part of the team, in any capacity, angler, support team, assistance in gaining sponsorship etc. contact Lee, info given in 1st post this thread. Maybe we can individually or as a group hold various raffles, fund raisers to help off set the individual costs....maybe even individual donations or CAG contribution. Get the wheels turning and turn words into action after all it is Team USA and this is BIG stuff in the International carping community. With a little effort by all vs a lot of effort by few we can make it financially easier to open the opportunity to more anglers.

Edited by Buckeye Bob

I give Lee all the credit in the world for making this happen. However, I think that there were some shady/backroom deals that went down to form this first Team. Hey If thats what it takes to get The USA represented then thats what it takes. We can only hope that in the future the process will be transparent and Team USA will be based on all aspect of Country representation including, citizenship, sportsmanship, knowledge, proven competition results and non binding sponsorship. JMHO

And no, I will not try out for the team..... I'm to old. Maybe there should be an age limit rule. :Old:

I wish Team USA aka Team K-1 all the best and hope they finish well. :party0012icon:

Looks like Euro guys using Paylake baits disguised as USA anglers.

Tom.

I quickly glanced at the rules, you can have up to 440 pounds of ground bait per team pair. Thats alot of Oats. :o

I'm assuming you mean a 'Native' American bow hunter right Tom???

TEAM U.S.A. What does this mean to you? A team, from the USA, that represents the USA? Any time U.S.A.'s reputation is at stake no matter what the event, it should be just that. Even if they are ""Native American bow hunters". The very mindset that true American carp anglers are stone age is unacceptable. I can only imagine this is the same talk that goes on in Europe to all the attendance of this world event, by those that are suposed to be representing the U.S.A. This whole bit of Euro anglers being the only way us Americans can compete is a complete joke. Yes, us American carp anglers are a Joke to those like our CAG director, VP and event organizer Mr Savayman. If he has the balls to say this on the forum, no telling what he tells his Euro brothers about us American carp anglers.

I am very proud of my American heritage, and do not take it lightly when such trash is talked about us American carp anglers, here and abroad. Having Americans that will take up for America is just as important as the position they might qualify in any event much less a Europian world event. My thoughts have nothing to do with any team winning anything but instead having the U.S.A. being truly represented by Americans that will hold the stars and stripes high along with their heads, and mean it.

Is there any other country that would expect any thing less?? I think this whole thing has been taken to the extreme both with the qualifying, and the management. The way I take it is that there are no Americans that can truly represent the USA so the Euro guys must do it for them.... Complete trash and to say it is a slap in the face is putting it mildly. Raped is more the term. Each and every American angler has been Raped/violated/bushwhacked by those that set the event up as so no American carp anglers might attend. Shame on those that did this as well as shame on those American carp anglers that put up with it.

This is where I lost all respect for you Mr CAG VP. I'm an Appalachian American proud enough to have given my blood for our great country, as did my father, and his father before him, and his father before him, all the way back to the Spanish American War. Yes, my grandfather shed his blood to save England from total destruction. I'm Proud to be an American no matter what ya'll , better than thou, Euro guys think. Fact is this event and others, have been stolen from those whoes heritage demands nothing less than representing the very country they shed their blood for. Team U.S.A. should be what it says. nothing more, nothing less. You can put lipstick on a PIG but it's still just a pig. Yes, I have toned down my attendance on this board as of late but not when it concerns the USA and those that represent American Carp Angling to the World.

GUS

Tom.

Tom,

I am having a hard time with the definition of an “American carp angler”.

Everyone here on these forums, whether they fish paylake style or euro style, are using boilies, method, pack and the “puff” or are simply just tying a worm to a hook and casting it out there, is a carp angler – the majority of which are American, whether born so or nationalized to. Just because someone is fishing a different style, or method, be that "euro" style, or "paylake", or whatever else, does not make them less American in my opinion.

If I were fishing on this particular "Team USA", I could understand your frustration and anger - being that I am still BRITISH. It would be far more appropriate for me to be on "Team ENGLAND".

Now, next year, once I finish off my citizenship application, would it be wrong for me to fish for "Team USA", as I would then be American, and would be damn proud to be so, regardless of what style I chose to fish?

Just having a hard time understanding where all this anger is coming from. Do please help me understand...

Thanks

John

Tom,

I am having a hard time with the definition of an “American carp angler”.

Everyone here on these forums, whether they fish paylake style or euro style, are using boilies, method, pack and the “puff” or are simply just tying a worm to a hook and casting it out there, is a carp angler – the majority of which are American, whether born so or nationalized to. Just because someone is fishing a different style, or method, be that "euro" style, or "paylake", or whatever else, does not make them less American in my opinion.

If I were fishing on this particular "Team USA", I could understand your frustration and anger - being that I am still BRITISH. It would be far more appropriate for me to be on "Team ENGLAND".

Now, next year, once I finish off my citizenship application, would it be wrong for me to fish for "Team USA", as I would then be American, and would be damn proud to be so, regardless of what style I chose to fish?

Just having a hard time understanding where all this anger is coming from. Do please help me understand...

Thanks

John

no where have I talked about style of angling, just honest usa representation. Taking the best of what an angler knows is how the game is played. Being cod-locked on all Euro sucks so far as team USA is concerned. No one should dictate the teerms an angler competes understanding that he or she has earned the honor of representing the USA. NOT the whims of another Euo guy that knows all.

America is a melting pot and anyone legally here should be welcome to fish team USA :toot:

I agree, having a level playing field to gain the right to represent...

Tom, I know Lee has been asking for folks to be team members for around a year and was having a hard time finding people interested as well as having the finances and vacation time available. Did you tell him you were interested? Were you turned down? Just looking for clarification.

That explanation actually helped narrow this saga down a bit.

Is there something dictated by the rules of FIPS (which i honestly know nothing about) which precluded any other style/method of fishing than "euro" ?

I'm finding the whole tournament fishing saga, regardless of species, to be a minefield of regs based either upon organzing group, country and/or local regulations - probably why I rarely fish tournaments!

If there is not anything in FIPS to prevent it, then Tom, perhaps a recommendation would be for you to offer to put together and be a part of a team for 2015 ? You are obviously very passionate on this subject! You would then have the opportunity to assemble and select what you feel would be the best diverse group to "Team USA" from the anglers that can volunteer and can commit to the time and cost of participation without any financial compensation or reward.

I have no clue if the FIPS organizations & regulations would make it possible or if you need to be a member of a different organization to enable you to even submit a team for that tournament?

John

Here is a translation of the rules...The F.I.P.S event rules are incredibly stringent...in an attempt to level the playing field...developed after years of angling shenanigans...

http://www.fishing.lv/teorija/nolkarpen.htm

There is already a Paylake World Championship, the whole rest of the world isn't interested, and unfortunately, the USA, in carp angling terms, will always be looked down upon as long as bow fishing is legal, endorsed...and celebrated...

It's just fishing Tom...you big Troll...

Here is a translation of the rules...The F.I.P.S event rules are incredibly stringent...in an attempt to level the playing field...developed after years of angling shenanigans...http://www.fishing.lv/teorija/nolkarpen.htm

Thanks for that link, interesting. What baits are/are not allowed, size of spods, no spodding/catapulting at night.....

Under the rules it only says this "Only a single hook will be allowed and fishing with an hair hook is compulsory." no where, that I could find, does it say you must use a boilie.

I will be perfecting my "puff on hair hook" surrounded by a 70mm USA groundbait aka packbait, for next years team. ;)

Under the rules it only says this "Only a single hook will be allowed and fishing with an hair hook is compulsory." no where, that I could find, does it say you must use a boilie.

I will be perfecting my "puff on hair hook" surrounded by a 70mm USA groundbait aka packbait, for next years team. ;)

-15- Baits and animal groundbaits , fish eggs and products of natural origin are totally forbidden. Only corns, boilies, pellets with a diameter which does not exceed 40mm will be allowed. Argile, bentonite and meals will be forbidden.

Yes it looks like you can use a corn puff on the hair. However you might need to use a smaller pack to pass the 40mm regulation which will also help with aerodynamics for 120yd + casts ;)

1 question is there really a need to cast 120yd+? I think 1 of the rules to join team was to cast 150 yards I think I'm not sure please clarify anyone that knows.

If it is does that have to do with structure of the lake not having anything in front of you that you'll have to cast that far I used to fish a lot more and will fish around a lot of people I wouldn't cast half of what they were doing but I'll certainly catch some fish even more then them. Just wondering since it is a lake and like all lakes there is 100xxxxx+ of fish I don't see a need to cast far. Not trying to step on no one's toes just a real honest question!

I don't know if distance casting will be a requirement on all teams in the future or not....but for this particular venue and competition 95% of the fish were caught using zig rigs cast 120-150 yards.