Carp Anglers Group Forums
  • Announcements

1 question is there really a need to cast 120yd+? I think 1 of the rules to join team was to cast 150 yards I think I'm not sure please clarify anyone that knows.

If it is does that have to do with structure of the lake not having anything in front of you that you'll have to cast that far I used to fish a lot more and will fish around a lot of people I wouldn't cast half of what they were doing but I'll certainly catch some fish even more then them. Just wondering since it is a lake and like all lakes there is 100xxxxx+ of fish I don't see a need to cast far. Not trying to step on no one's toes just a real honest question!

On many lakes and rivers(rivers not quite so much) under intense tournament angling pressure the fish move out of range of all the bankside disturbance...they know something unusual is happening and scarper.

I once fished a virgin lake in Sweden, a few guys pre-fished it and all caught hundreds and hundreds of fish all day long. Come the day of the tournament the combined field weighed in perhaps a couple of dozen fish...all caught at maximum range way beyond where the majority of the field were or were able to cast to. This behaviour can be observed at many events...CAG and others. It doesn't always happen but if it does you need your team to be able to cover all the bases..

Hi Folks, I've just returned from Italy, have read this series of posts, and all I can say is:

1. For those who have supported Team USA; a sincere Thank You from us all. We couldn't have done it without you, and your thoughts and best wishes kept us going through some very difficult times on this trip.

2. For those who allege there was some back door dealings or that somehow US Anglers were barred from the Team... You are apparently living in an alternative reality, where conspiracies and skulduggery are daily obstacles to you and you alone. Facts are facts; I was mandated by the USF3 to select a Team, which I did. I've gone over in detail, in this and other forums, how I struggled for the last 3 years to find people interested in fishing a World Carp Fishing Championships, who would also be willing to make the financial and time commitments to make it happen. I selected the Team, based on a series of Trials, culminating in an Open Trial on May 10; where ALL of the original selected Anglers RE-QUALIFIED, and 2 new Anglers qualified, under the direct supervision of the Senior FIPSed Delegate in North America.

3. As I've mentioned several times on this and other forums, I continue to be surprised by the people who allege that I've somehow excluded them, or others, from applying for the Open Trial, or that I've manipulated the Rules somehow, to ensure that they are excluded. These ideas are laughable, and I'm here today to say, that they are WRONG. I don't set the FIPSed Carp Rules, but I base the Trials format on selecting Anglers who can catch Carp within those Rules. If you can't cast, fish, attract fish, hook and land them, from ranges in excess of 150 yards, for 72 hours, under all conditions, there is no point in you trying out for Team USA. There is also ONLY FINANCIAL LOSS, no gain, for the Anglers and Officials in Team USA; unless you are prepared to invest a minimum of $3-4,000 and 3 full weeks of your time, each year, there is no point in you trying out for Team USA.

4. I think it's very sad that those Americans who have been selected to fish for Team USA, who have demonstrated in Open Trials their capabilities, and who have now gone to a World Championships, and suffered financial hardships and lost time from work, to endure stressful challenges and make a supreme effort for their Country, well... It's just very sad that they will probably read this thread now and think, "why did I bother?"

Lee,

First and foremost let me extend my congratulations to you and the members of Team USA in taking on such an extraordinary commitment.

I have had the opportunity to read some of the posts made elsewhere by you and some of the Team members about their experiences and challenges at this years event. The overwhelming story, for me at least, has been the camaraderie shared by the team and their fellow competitors. That in itself is worth way more than any of the negativity that has sadly soured these pages and will provide a life time of positive memories. Team USA can be justly proud of their efforts.

Here's to 2015 - Go Team USA!

Congratulations to ALL those who took the personal time, finances and commitment to organize and compete on Team USA. Given the challenges faced by the team, the collaboration, time, sacrifice, teamwork and dedication to Team USA, by those who took part, they are a fine example to us all ! The people that competed should be proud of their achievement. Everything else is just drama and politics - you are never going to make everyone happy !

John

Congratulations to ALL those who took the personal time, finances and commitment to organize and compete on Team USA. Given the challenges faced by the team, the collaboration, time, sacrifice, teamwork and dedication to Team USA, by those who took part, they are a fine example to us all ! The people that competed should be proud of their achievement. Everything else is just drama and politics - you are never going to make everyone happy !

John

+1

It's no small thing to even contemplate competing in anything at international level, let alone the qualifying and the competition itself.

Congratulations to all involved.

...W