Carp Anglers Group Forums
  • Announcements

JohnFinney

The Carp on the Fly section is BACK !

The Carp on the Fly section has now been restored for non-member & public access.

I would like to thank the CAG Board for making this veritable gold mine of information once again available for all to view, contribute and use.

Now I need to get myself out onto the bank with a fly rod in hand - perhaps this section can actually help me learn which end of the rod to hold ??

Tight Lines and many thanks!

John

That was good timing. I've been off of the board for a while and now have my old spot to hang around again. Are all of the old posts gone forever? There was a lot of good stuff in there.

Checking in and considering hitting a small stream with my fly rod tomorrow. Temps suppose to be in the upper 40s F and looking to present a nice simple leach pattern to my local small stream carp.

Hi Clay,

Just make sure you have your Custom Filter set correctly to display all posts.

CustomFilter_zps6e705849.jpg

This caught me out as well once I first took a look at the restored section.

Welcome back :)

John

You should then see, 1066 topics, 8244 replies, etc... a "gold mine" of fly fishing for carp information ! Also don't forget to click the setting to "remember" your filter and then "update filter".

Edited by JohnFinney

When doing this look at John's screen shot closely. I was in my profile area trying to find how to get this done. It's in the custom section once in the forum. Thanks John for the tips. I was dissapointed that the threads of Old were gone. Glad that they are still here. Much appreciate your help and looking forward to posting again in a wonderful place with others of common interests. Thanks again for bringing this section back.

Clay, now we just need to you post some of your carp captures on the fly :swimminfish:

JF

Nice video - thanks for sharing with us.