Carp Anglers Group Forums
Josh

hominy fish in oklahoma

Any new information for the lake hominy oklahoma fish in? This will be my first fish in as a CAG member. (Very excited to say the least) before I get the messages to search for it I have. Only info I see for it is on the event calendar. Any help would be appreciated as I am curious as to what I should expect, rules, etc. For example will it be a tournament format? Again, I appreciate everyone's time and thanks to all of you that have answered questions and made me feel welcomed.

Anyone have any additional info to this fish in? It is on the event calendar and I guess I'm just curious as to the meeting location.

I think it will be pretty laid back. More along a normal fishin. Just show up and fish. I'll try and go over a couple of days prior and prebait up a spot or 2.

Thank you sir. I'm driving from dallas area so I'll just show up at the lake.

I understand. Just excited to fish my first CAG event. Long time coming for me. Just want to make sure I have my ducks in a row...

OK, so it's a long arse ride from Weatherford, but Carl and I will be coming up to OKIELAND....Dave, I'll talk to you today, but what can we expect??

What are the Dates ?? I mean Friday night- Sunday or what?? how close can we get to the lake with our cars? What can we expect in the way of fish MIRRORS?? KOI ???? I'm just full of questions,,,,oh, and does DOMINOES deliver ? :)

Neil,

That's great you and Carl can make it-

April 25th -27th I will pre-bait probably Tuesday & Thursday prior at least (I may even just stay Thursday night on if anyone else wants to come over Thursday.)

Most swims you fish out of the back of your car or close.

Hominy has a higher ratio than most places of mirrors.

Pizza place is in town 2-3 miles away.

I'll go over and pay a events permit covered by BCT for everyone fishing. All you need is your OK fishing License.

We will be there for the duration,,,,,,,got to get that mirror :) I just checked with Oklahoma,,,if you're over 65, (which I am,) and you're a Texas resident ( which I am) there is NO LICENSE REQUIRED :)

yes, fish out the back of the car,,,,my style of fishing,,,,,, will call you this afternoon, somehow I screwed up and have only 4 patients :)

would be great fro some of the Texas guys to show up,,,,,long ride I know, but what the hell you can fish with David Carl and ME :)

any Buffs in there???

Edited by Neil Stern

Anyone want to split a plane ticket with me so I can come? Lol

After that KOI you got are you Kidding!!!!! no way dude,,,,,I'm still green with envy!

Lol I checked flights ... $600+ they have lost their mind. I need to invest in a plane lol

Hominy has a long tradition discovered by Jack Rowe in the mid 90's. It's not an easy place to fish, but has given up some quality fish over the years.

This pic of Bud back when he was still CAG Prez, guessing the late 90's. It was his PB at the time and weighed somewhere in the low 30's.

Hasn't been fished much the last few years that I'm aware of so who knows what will come out this year?

post-2-0-64118800-1397162761.jpg

well, I need to see some Mirrors outta there or Koi,,,,going to be taking a 5 hour trip ,,,,see what you can do David

It would make my weekend if he'd just net my koi and mirror.

you really want me to net for you ???? :)

ive heard Neil has a special net that has a hole in it when he's netting koi/mirrors for others

:ph34r:

That's why we use MY net. Of course, I did lose a nice fish of his at the net a couple of weeks ago. He still swears it was a 40# fully-scaled linear leather mirror ghostie koi.

Zack :) how'd you find out?????

Carl it was 60 pounds

My ninja sources :)

This Texas carp angler will be there also. Very excited for this event. My first CAG fish in! Looking forward to the challenge and of course the TX vs. OK rivalry never hurts!

So for those interested the weather report for the fish in fri through sun...highs lower 80's lows mid 50's. Slight chance of rain on sat. Winds for those dates 9 to 15 mph. Should be a great time. We all know forecasts can change but this is most up to date info.

Just baited up the area we usually fish. Lake is down about 6-7' so there will be loads of open bank space.

I'll bait up again this week.