Carp Anglers Group Forums
  • Announcements

Hawkeye

Hoosier Carpers/Cag social report and pictures

Over the weekend we had our first social of the year, we had 13 CAG members in attendence and roughly 5-6 more former members and local carpers get together at Lake Salinda in Salem Indiana. Lake Salinda was once known for its large trophy fish but it was drained way down a few years back and now is a numbers lake with the occasional large fish. We had extremely high winds and water that some described to resemble chocolate milk, but still many managed to put fish on the bank.

Heres Joey Sitarski with a pretty fish caught the night before the social that stroke a pose for the camera.

post-6849-0-57912800-1397516477_thumb.jp

Old-school Hoosier Carper, Danny Beck got the party started with some 'shine

post-6849-0-11288000-1397516763_thumb.jp

Gilbert Huxley caught this 17 pounder right off the bat, and it would hold on for the rest of the day as big fish of the social

post-6849-0-72397600-1397516948.jpg

Rick Slinker and Denice set up in what is known as the Richard Somerville swim and put everyone to shame by putting big numbers on the bank including this double

post-6849-0-22634300-1397517423_thumb.jp

Famous Amos and Paige Behana where in attendance along with local carper Tyler Hoke

post-6849-0-50902500-1397517725_thumb.jp

Cag members and Salinda regulars Dick Neitzke and Dot Lewis bivvied up and used their local knowledge to each put a few fish on the bank

post-6849-0-99311600-1397517949_thumb.jp

Winston Bush attended his first Cag social and managed to land this salinda scrapper after playing the fish out of the snags like a true seasoned professional

post-6849-0-72004700-1397518172_thumb.jp

Hoosier Carper legend Dzemal and his son Eldar came up from Kentucky to visit with everyone

post-6849-0-32781900-1397518341_thumb.jp

The social wrapped up with an already familiar sight on the carp scene, the old master Gilbert Huxley hoisting up the trophy. A big thanks to Jim Donlan of Westside Bait and Tackle for donating the big fish plaque and some great door prizes!

post-6849-0-27208700-1397518826.jpg

And after everything was all wrapped up I managed to keep the blank at bay with this hard fighting beauty

post-6849-0-12234400-1397519030_thumb.jp

All in all I think we all had a great time out on the bank in pursuit of the Worlds Greatest Sportfish. Be sure to keep June 7/8 open on your calendars for our next social at Lake Monroe!

Well done, Derek! Nicely organized. :yourock: --Frank

Fun times for all!

Dereck I want to thank you for bringing the fun back to our Social Fish Ins. I had a blast, the whole weekend reminded me of the old days and the great fun we used to have. Great job Dereck.

Had a great time with Denice and all the other great anglers that showed up. We got there Friday night and stayed till Sunday. Didn't get into the beasts that this lake holds, but we did manage 24 fish between the both of us for the weekend. Denice had 10 fish, her biggest 13+ and I had 14 fish 12+ mine. Like Gil said, it was good to see some new life to an old tradition here in Indy...THANKS Derek!

With spring finaly here it's great to see the reports comming in.

Congratulations on a great day

Well done Derek on a successful event; I had a really good weekend of firsts.

Not only was this my first CAG social but my first group carp fishing session ever and first time meeting almost everyone in "the gang".

It was a pleasure to meet all of you and thank you for immediately making me feel like part of the group.

Congratulations Gilbert on the 17lb'r and thank you for putting your faith in the new guy with the net.

…W

Great Job Derek. Being local and having fished the lake a lot Dot and I were wanting to put a whupping on all of you but we got served a piece of Humble Pie. Slinker, Denice, wow what fisherman, and the Gilbert such a hard worker. Joey and Derek, never a dull moment with you two around. Dot, thats probably a record run time you had about 3 AM seemed like that fish ran for 5 minutes before you woke to catch it. To all the other fisherman, come visit us any time. Jim at Westside Bait and Tackle you are a class act thanks for the prizes. Hope to see you all at the next social.

This was my first CAG social. I must say Derek did a wonderful job on putting this thing together. It was a pleasure to meet you all and I look forward to the next one! Tight lines to you all.