Carp Anglers Group Forums
Brad

2014 CAG Big 4 - Questions?

Any questions regarding the event, registration, rules, etc can go here. I will answer as quickly as I can.

Tight lines and encourage your friends to sign up as well! Remember, with the current membership drive, New Members or Renewals can join CAG for $10 and the Big 4 for another $10. Hard to beat that amount!

Prizes will be listed soon.

Can an existing CAG member not resident in the US enter if they intend to fish in NA during the perriod of May?

Do koi count?

As a newbie how does this work? From what I read is it top 4 in weight for the whole month?

Guest RebelCarp

As a newbie how does this work? From what I read is it top 4 in weight for the whole month?

Yup from May 1st to May 31th. Your largest 4 is the big 4. But there are other categories like most weight/most fish/largest mirror and others

Is there a list of scales that are accepted? I don't have a fancy "euro" scale but I do have a decent electronic one that I use.

Do koi count?

Yes they do.

There are numerous prizes, but the idea of the event and main prizes are for the biggest 4 fish, 1st through 3rd. Also prizes for biggest mirror and big fish. If the big mirror is also the biggest fish, they win both. Also prizes for 1st fish caught and logged, most total fish logged, and highest total weight logged.

My scale broke, can I use the formula? :Banana:

:hammerhead:

Yup from May 1st to May 31th. Your largest 4 is the big 4. But there are other categories like most weight/most fish/largest mirror and others

Nailed it :yourock:

Is there a list of scales that are accepted? I don't have a fancy "euro" scale but I do have a decent electronic one that I use.

There is no list of approved scales. Use what you have if you believe them to be in good working order.

I'm in. I'll be paying next week. Good times!! Good luck to all!!

Just a heads up for people signing up for the Big 4: when I registered the confirmation email with my password went to my spam folder. I use AOL, if you guys don't see the email check your spam folder.

Guest RebelCarp

Just a heads up for people signing up for the Big 4: when I registered the confirmation email with my password went to my spam folder. I use AOL, if you guys don't see the email check your spam folder.

Same here. I use gmail

Can an existing CAG member not resident in the US enter if they intend to fish in NA during the perriod of May?

Yes you can as long as fish are from the US/Mexico/Canada.

I feel like an idiot here...

I'm finding a bunch of tutorials how to sign up for the leaderboard...

But WHERE do I go do sign up... I paid my $10 in the store but can't for the life of me figure our where to join the leaderboard....

Yes under the drop down, select the Big 4 and at the bottom it will say sign in/register.

Guest RebelCarp

Will there be a category for a big 6?

I see that on the leader board for the big 4

I also hope the big 4 picture on the home page isnt the same one we will be printing out for this years big 4.

Hey Brad, didn't we use to have a junior (17 and younger) category? I'd like to see that restored.

While possibly excluding a few young folks from Michigan who are way too skilled... Oh wait, on second thought, make then ONLY qualify for the junior category. (just kidding, just kidding).

You mean we can find a way around competing against those brothers?
:yes:

In all seriousness, I would like to have a separate category but will have to see about lining up prizes for it.

How many juniors are interested, any juniors want to chime in? If nothing else it can be done next year.

it says i'm registered but not approved? i have res. almost a week and cannot do the test?

Have you registered under the practice scoreboard and not just the Big 4 official one? No one has been approved for the actual one yet, not even myself.

Wherendo you register for this? Im interested

Click here and purchase it through the store: http://www.carpanglersgroup.com/forum/index.php?/store/product/126-big-4-2014/

Then follow the online leader board registration process detailed in its own thread.

Good luck in the event!