Carp Anglers Group Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Blacksheep

2nd annual "5 Bridges" Results

Not a great day in Joliet Saturday but better than last years "5 Bridges" Carp Tournament. Temps in the mid 50's and wind around 20 mph made for a chilly day. 10 anglers hauled in a total of 290+ lbs of Carp the biggest being 16 pounder. The catfish and bullheads kept some of us pretty busy.

A run down of the results, pics to follow as soon as they are received from other anglers.

Big 5 total weight winner Larry Seeman took home a whopping $420.00, just edging out Dave for 1st place.

Dave Marceau 2nd place with an even 50# of fish took home an envelope with $180. for efforts.

Last years winner Jim Rink took home an envelope of cash for finishing in 3rd place, a great selection of products donated by Clorox co, another envelope with $100 for his 16 pounder( big fish of the day) and a spool of Suffix 14 pound camo line 330 yrds.

Mike O'linger took home a 9" RCA Portable DVD player for catching the first and only mirror carp and also a deluxe folding chair with foot rest and canopy for catching a carp weighing in at 4-2 ( Date of the event).

Grahame Johnston took home a Carpaholic t-shirt for his efforts of catching the first fish of the day at 7:45 am.

There was a 3 way tie for the angler catching a fish closest to the numbered address of Bass Pro in Bolingbrook IL (709 Janes Ave)

Mike Arndt,Grahame Johnston and Dave Marceau,7pounds 8 ounces. Dave Marceau came out ahead being that he caught his fish earlier than the others in the tie won Himself a 12' Diawa Mad Dragon Carp rod.

Last but not least Dennis Davis caught the first nuisance fish at 7:26am winning himself a spool of Suffix 17lbs camo line 330 yrds.

Other anglers who attended this years "5 Bridges" Carp Tournament , Fred Rhodes, Dr. Frank Rink, Cory Bohman and Robert Kraft.

Thanks to Basspro and Mike Arndt for their great donations for prizes, Mad Dragon rod, the Suffix line, the folding chair, your the best!

Frank Rink for his part in taking care of the printing of the score cards, and letting us use his Insurance certificate and permit for this event.

Cory Bohman for his efforts getting Clorox Co. to donate some more great useful prizes.

Carpaholic for thelr t-shirt donation.

Larry Seeman for his effort and prizes ( DVD player, Mystery envelope, and that much needed lunch)

Last but not least All the anglers and helpers for their support.

Well done, Larry! Thanks for a great event and for your generous hospitality with free lunches and lots of extra goodies. What I can't figure out is how $500 in entry fees from 10 anglers equates to $600 in prizes for 1st and 2nd place. I'm guessing that the extra $100 came out of your pocket as did the third and fourth place prizes, lunches, etc. You'll run yourself into the poorhouse if you keep hosting these things :lol: . I'll post a few pics from this event in the next day or two. Congrats to all the winners, and thanks, again, to Larry Seeman for an excellent tournament.--Frank

Thanks Larry for the great hospitality, free lunch and just a great tournament . I had a great time and will do it again, and a great big thanks to Bass Pro for donating some prizes for the event, Cory for the donation from Clorox and Carpaholic !!!!!

Well done, Larry! Thanks for a great event and for your generous hospitality with free lunches and lots of extra goodies. What I can't figure out is how $500 in entry fees from 10 anglers equates to $600 in prizes for 1st and 2nd place. I'm guessing that the extra $100 came out of your pocket as did the third and fourth place prizes, lunches, etc. You'll run yourself into the poorhouse if you keep hosting these things :lol: . I'll post a few pics from this event in the next day or two. Congrats to all the winners, and thanks, again, to Larry Seeman for an excellent tournament.--Frank

That's what happens when you count on everyone on the entry list to show up. I had prize envelopes all figures out for 12 anglers, and 2 were no shows. I will just have to polish up on my organization skills, LOL.

Thanks again for you help Frank.

Thanks Larry for the great hospitality, free lunch and just a great tournament . I had a great time and will do it again, and a great big thanks to Bass Pro for donating some prizes for the event, Cory for the donation from Clorox and Carpaholic !!!!!

You entirely welcome Dave, thanks for traveling that far for this.

That's what happens when you count on everyone on the entry list to show up. I had prize envelopes all figures out for 12 anglers, and 2 were no shows. I will just have to polish up on my organization skills, LOL.

Thanks again for you help Frank.

Oh, well. You won $70 of that extra $100, so I guess you didn't lose too much after figuring prizes based on 12 entries.

Cory Bohmann with a catfish at peg 15.

5bridges2014_cory_cat_042614.jpg

Not a bad day considering our late spring

5bridges2014_venue_042614.jpg

"Little Larry" couldn't make it, so "Tiny Larry" became our tournament mascot at pegs 15-16
5bridges2014_squirrel_042614.jpg

Dennis Davis and Larry Seeman at pegs 9 and 10
5bridges2014_pegs910_042614.jpg

Waiting for a run
5bridges2014_rod_bridge_042614.jpg

Cory Bohmann at peg 15
5bridges2014_cory_peg_042614.jpg

Anglers gather for the awards ceremony
5bridges2014_gather_042614.jpg

Larry Seeman - Tournament Champion
5bridges2014_larry_1st_042614.jpg

Dave Marceau - 2nd Place
5bridges2014_dave_2nd_042614.jpg

Jim Rink - 3rd Place
5bridges2014_jim_3rd_042614.jpg

Mike Olinger - 4th Place, Closest to 4-2, and Big Mirror
5bridges2014_mike_4th_042614.jpg

Jim Rink - Big Fish
5bridges2014_jim_bigfish_042614.jpg

Grahame Jonhston - Carpoholic Tee-shirt - First Fish
5bridges2014_grahame_tee_042614.jpg

Dave Marceau - MadDragon Rod - Closest to 7-9
5_bridges_dave_rod_042614.jpg

Jim Rink - Clorox/Exel Prizes - Big Fish
5_bridges_2014_jim_clorox_042614.jpg

Thanks to Mike Arndt (tournament participant) for taking this photo of tournament anglers (Next time, we'll use a timer so you can get in the photo, Mike.).

5bridges2014_ang;ers_042614.jpg