Carp Anglers Group Forums
  • Announcements

Cole Gridley

Palmer Ma spots.

I have recently moved to Palmer ma. Never really fished up here for carp. Well today I got up early and started my Google maps app. I scouted about 11-12 ponds in the Ware/ sturbridge area and came up with nothing.

Are there just no carp at all out my way. I was hoping to find a nice carp filled pond. Does anyone know of any spots out my way? Coming from Agawam and having the river in my backyard is definitely gonna be missed if this is the case.

I've been wondering about the sturbridge/palmer area as well, scouted it a tiny bit, but it's just too far from my home to do proper research. Fact is I don't believe we had any CAG member actively seeking carp in this area in the last decade...

Well, this is discovery work for you... You may hit gold or maybe not, but sure thing, you'll hit a lot of frustrations in the way. And maybe gold at the end! Or maybe not!

I think all of the ponds in springfield have carp. all of the ponds in easthampton do except maybe the one in town that was recently dredged, but when they did they moved the fish to the lower mill pond. the oxbox in northampton is known for many 20-30# fish. i dont get down to the palmer area hardly ever so i couldnt tell you about local spots there.