Carp Anglers Group Forums
  • Announcements

Hawkeye

ROLL CALL! Lake Monroe social sign-up

June 7-8 from noon to noon, we will be having our next social at Moores Creek SRA on Lake Monroe, post up here if you plan to attend. We had a good turnout and an even better time at the last social and I hope we can keep that ball rolling. Moores creek is a long stretch of sandy bank that usually produces good numbers of hard fighting fish averaging in the low-mid teens and the occasional larger fish with a mirror or two mixed in, the night bite can be phenomenal. I will be bringing my grill and some brats and dogs again, if anyone would like to contribute anything else be sure to post it below. There will be a plaque awarded to the CAG member who catches the largest fish, if you are not a CAG member and are interested in becoming one, June is a membership drive month with dues lowered to only $10 so be sure to jump on the chance to join a great club for a low price. Should be a great time and I hope to see a lot of you there!

I'll be there, Dot will be there. Cant wait the last social was great.

Looks like we have roughly 8-9 planning on attending so far and I'm sure more will be added to the list as time goes on.

Still looks like roughly 10 planning on attending, just checked the forecast and it seems to be improving with every day, water levels where high last week but things seem to be returning to normal. Looks like the potential is growing for a good session for all!

Just an update, myself and I know some others have been concerned about the possibility of Monroe being flooded. I spoke to someone at the lake office today that stated the water was high but there was plenty of open bank when they were there yesterday. I am not sure what effect today's rains will have on that so I'm hoping to get down there by Friday to scope it out. If it is flooded a suggested back up venue would be summit, but I will only change it if Monroe is completely unfishable. If anyone has any thoughts on this or more information please post up here.

I have been keeping an eye on the Monroe level since Sunday and it has been steadily dropping and is a foot lower than it was then. This rain might well change that a little or at least stop the drop.

Right now it is only 3 feet above summer pool and although that can make a big difference depending on the slope of the shore I have no idea what all this means for fishing space as I've never fished that spot.

...W

I think we are going to be fine, I just don't want us to be caught off guard and be unprepared.