Carp Anglers Group Forums
Brad

Special Announcement - Biggest fish in history of CAG!

Hello all,

As we wrap up the Big 4 and calculate the results, I have a very important announcement to make.

The biggest fish in the history of CAG has been caught. During the 2014 May Big 4, Daniel Slaby, Pro-Staffer for CAG sponsor World Classic Baits, landed a 56lb 4oz common carp. I have spoken with both the captor and the official witness, CAG President Andy Sprinkle who came out to verify the fish, take measurements and confirm the accurate weight numerous times.

I have seen the pictures and verified it meets all qualifications for the Big 4 and is in fact a tremendous and old fish. Upon speaking with the captor and the witness I am also 100% confident all the proper procedures were done to provide this accurate weight and the fish is indeed this size.

After doing due diligence to verify it is all accurate, we have made the decision to hold on the pictures of this fish until the NACA release, at which time it will be on the cover and an in depth article on the capture of the monster will be released with plenty of pictures including the official Big 4 with logo and scale shot as well.

Daniels other fish have been logged, and his final Big 4 weight is a record 170lbs 11oz.

Congratulations Daniel! I can only imagine how excited you are.

Outstanding catch, Daniel! Congratulations! --Frank

Congrats on a great fish! Hopefully, the who-what-where-how-, etc., will be included in the NACA publication. Inquiring minds want to know. OK, I'm really nosy!

That's is HUGE!!! Congrats Daniel, fish of a lifetime for sure!!

Phenomenal fish....Huge congrats!

Congratulations Daniel on an amazing capture, made even better by the fact it is a new location. Looking forward to seeing the pictures.

Astounding! Can't wait to see (and read) more... 170lb for the top-4 is totally nuts...

Huge CONGRATS!! Can't wait to see the photo and hear the story!

Congratulations Daniel!! what a big surprise :thewave: ...........