Carp Anglers Group Forums
Brad

2014 CAG May Big 4 - Finale!

A huge thanks to all of our generous sponsors and Willem for his work on the leader board and technical issues.

big4logo-email2011.png

Please thank and support our sponsors!!!
k1sponsor.gif OneOn.png

Fish_Bandit_Logo_small.jpgNewCagLogo_sml.pngbctsponsor.gif

saxon.png

This year we had 57 anglers compete and between them 284 fish logged, totaling 5,128lbs 8oz. Of these fish, 2 were over 55lbs! In addition there were 2 others over 40lbs including a mirror, 34 between 30lbs and 39lbs 14oz, and 72 fish between 20 and 29lbs 14oz!

We also had outstanding final weights. The 3rd place finished this year would have won every year except 2009 when Mario Kok had 150lbs during the contest. At least 9 anglers finished with a big 4 of over 120lbs!

A huge thanks to everyone that participated in the event this year and support the club.

Without further ado:

First Place:

Daniel Slaby

He is pictured here with his 2nd biggest fish of the contest coming in at 41lbs 2oz. His biggest fish of 56lbs 4oz will be featured in the upcoming NACA with a write up of the capture and numerous pictures chronicling this special fish.

post-1552-0-70661000-1401769474_thumb.jp

Daniel finished with a all time event record 170lbs 11oz.

For his spectacular May, Daniel will recieve:

$50 K-1 Baits Voucher

3 Silver 1 Troy oz Rounds

Second Place:

Pawel Salamon

Here is Pawel posing with his staggering common weighing in at 55lbs 6oz. A true testament to angling skill and effort put in to catch it. This is a fish that should never be overlooked. Way to go Pawel!

post-1552-0-92634400-1401769512_thumb.jp

Pawel finished the contest with the 2nd highest total ever of 154lbs 4oz! Awesome hauling!

For his awesome results he wins:

$25 K-1 Baits Voucher

2 Silver 1 Troy oz Rounds

Third Place:

Brian Wingard

Below is Brian showing off his new PB common of 38lbs 8oz caught during an amazing trip he had this May. Well done Brian:

post-1552-0-36004800-1401769641_thumb.jp

Brian finished with a total weight of 143lbs 4oz. Enough to win 1st any year but now and 2009. No shame in that total in the least.

For this haul Brian will receive:

$25 K-1 Baits Voucher

1 Silver 1 Troy oz Round

Big Fish:

Daniel Slaby

56lbs 4oz but you won't find a picture here, it will be in the next NACA, don't miss it!

For this record setting fish he will receive:

2 Silver 1 Troy oz Rounds

15% Off K-1 Baits Purchase

Fishing Bandit Shirt

Big Mirror:

Dave Pickering

Here is Dave with his awesome 40lb 2oz mirror, claiming biggest mirror for the contest this year. That is a fish to be proud of

post-1552-0-76990600-1401769461.jpg

Aside from a fish to brag about, Dave will receive:

15% Off K-1 Baits Purchase

One On Baits package

Spomb courtesy of Saxon Tackle

First Fish:

Frank Rink (who else)

post-1552-0-97981600-1401769495_thumb.jp

As is customary, Frank was out there at midnight to make sure his rightful spot is retained. I certainly love his enthusiasm and support of the event!

For burning the midnight oil Frank receives:

Free entry into 2015 Big 4

Spomb Courtesy of Saxon Tackle

Most Fish Logged:

Frank Rink

post-1552-0-46293800-1401769456_thumb.jp

Frank finished with most fish logged with 87. Well done logging all your captures! That is what I like to see!

For his constant logging of fish he wins:

Free Entry into 2015 Big 4

Highest Weight Logged:

Matt Janiszewski

post-1552-0-83096500-1401769625_thumb.jp

Matt had the highest total weight logging 61 fish for a total of 977lbs 3oz.

For this effort he will receive:

Free entry into 2015 Big 4

Guest RebelCarp

Congrats everyone!

Daniel thats a monster. Also Congrats on that 40 your got :)

Pawel thats a monster also. Anything over 50lbs is epic.

Brian I thought for sure you were going to win. Congrats on them big carp your caught. And congrats on your new pb

great job frank getting out there early and showing us how its done!

Mr dave mirrorman. Congrats on that 40lb mirror!

And matt congrats on your new mirror pb. Too bad we got pounded twice by high water. Im alil upset you didnt get over 1000lbs this year.

Congratulations to the winners--especially to Daniel and those who finished with magnificent totals in the Big 4 and Big Fish contests! Thank you, Brad, for conducting another exceedingly well run, throughly enjoyable CAG Big 4 event in 2014. Your dedication to these events and to CAG is most appreciated and highly admired. Well done! --Frank

What a great year for Notrh American Wild water Carping !

Thanks Brad for running this fine event again.

Congrats to Daniel, Pawel and Brian for the top 3.

Congrats to Dave, Dr. Rink, Matt and all the other anglers!!!

This year the anglers didn't just raise the bar for next year, they almost pushed it off the scale!!!

I believe all these wonderful catches inspire anglers all over North America to go find their monster.

In addition to huge thanks to Brad, plaudits are also in order for Willem (nice work with the leaderboard), the generous sponsors, and all participants.

To everyone involved....great job. And, the fish landed....simply fantastic. I don't know how this will ever be topped. Boy, these guys know how to fish!

I just want to say thanks again to all participants. Was nice to see so many entries and so many big fish. It certainly gets my blood pumping and has me eager to rush out to the bank again.

I thoroughly enjoy organizing and making sure this event goes smoothly. Now who would want one in the fall as well?

Also winners, I have contacted all of you to my knowledge either on here via PM or on FaceBook. If you did not receive a message from me, let me know! Congrats to all of you!

For any of those interested, here is the top 9. Now if you finished in the top 9 and I for some reason failed to catch it, please forgive me. This was just to the best of my ability as a little extra for people who wonder what it looked like.

1) Daniel Slaby 170lbs 11oz

2) Pawel Salamon 154lbs 4oz

3) Brian Wingard 143lbs 4oz

4) Adam Cieplik 137lbs 1oz

5) Barry Howard 130lbs 5oz

6) Brad Thomas 126lbs 4oz

7) Dave Pickering 122lbs 12oz

8) Mark Golba 121lbs

9) Matt Janiszewski 120lbs 110z

Congratulations to everyone who competed. Keep in mind that all of the money goes to a great cause in promoting CAG and helps with the finances. I would like to say Thank You to all of the sponsors who donated prizes and thank you for my prizes as well. I had a new PB along with everyone else it seemed like this year! two 50s is amazing to say the least and a HUGE congrats to Pawel and Daniel! Thank you to everyone who organized and ran the competition.

Congrats to all who competed! Some fantastic captures! Daniel's fish is truly epic! Congrats on that capture!

Seems to be the best year ever for this event!

Fantastic, 9 participants each averaged 30lbs+! One 40+, and another close to it!

That's awesome, and a measure for how amazing NA carping is!

Well done 'niners'!

Wow almost 1,000 pounds total and 100 fish for a single angler in an event that is crazy! Low Bow to all contestants you certainly are masters of Carping! @Pawel , that beast is really memorable, congratulations!

Congrats to winners and all the massive pb's that were caught. WOW

I'm much more private about my fishing these days... But I logged on for the first time in a while just to see how things were going around here. It made my day to find this event so we'll managed and attended years later. And the size of the fish being produced in so many places; Wow. It feels really good to see the Big Four incentiving the search for new big fish waters in North America exactly the way it was intended. Awesome job Brad and everybody.

I'm much more private about my fishing these days... But I logged on for the first time in a while just to see how things were going around here. It made my day to find this event so we'll managed and attended years later. And the size of the fish being produced in so many places; Wow. It feels really good to see the Big Four incentiving the search for new big fish waters in North America exactly the way it was intended. Awesome job Brad and everybody.

Louis is getting out of the woods... Hey, nice to hear from you! Tell us a bit more about what's happening to you...

(and yes indeed, the big-4 turned out amazing)

Thanks Louis! It is awesome to see you pop in here, hope your private fishing has been very rewarding!

This event has taken off, and a second fall addition could be around the corner.