Carp Anglers Group Forums
  • Announcements

David Moore

CT CARP Open Dates October 12-17th 100 hours

It became official today after a few months of getting the logistics for the most part ironed out and sponsorship squared away.

For those of you familiar with the event Al St Cyr won $250k and Scott Osmond won $25,000 in Texas this event will be very similar to that format.

This event will be limited to 100 Anglers.

There will be guaranteed payouts for

Big Fish

Big 4

Daily Big Fish

And a few others we'll announce at a later date with a total guaranteed payout in the $10,000 range. That could increase depending on the number of Anglers we get to enter the event.

In a quick summary and a rough idea for this of you not so familiar

- Anglers are allowed to fish as a team or as a single.

-You may fish where you want in any public area, when you want on the CT River.

-You may move swims as long you don't encroach within another Anglers restricted area.

Detailed rules will be posted on the CARP TS website in the future.

Entry Fee base will be $300 per Angler for the guaranteed payouts

An option Bonus payout of $100 additional to win $100,000 for setting a new official CT state record will also be an option.

A Special Thanks goes to Ted and Sally Carrier of Hartford, CT for stepping up to sponsor a carp angling event again. These are the same great folks that sponsored our TOC events a few years back.

Iain Sorrell, Ted and I have met with the CT DEP Fisheries folks and they are fully on board with this event as well. Using this event to help take carp angling up a few notches is their plan.

See you this fall in CT!

Should have the website updates starting this week.

I'll be looking for 4-6 Marshals as well. We'll cover a room, food and gas $.

Should be a great event!

Had several people wanting t fish both the B-ville event and ours. Our Draw isn't until 7PM on the Sunday night and it appears to be about a 4 hour drive Syracuse to Hartford. So those hard core anglers that want to do both it shouldn't be a problem!

Sorry I left off the fishing times are -

Monday October 13th 10am until Friday 2PM =100 hours

Website should be updated by this time next week with more details and registration options. Limited to the first paid 100 Anglers.

The $100k payout for a new state record is in play for fish caught from the CT River and a few other designated(approved) venues we'll announce later. Only public fishing areas that any Angler in the event could fish may be utilized. No private property.

Been getting some calls on the rules. I think I've about finished them mentally. Translating that to basic / simple rules isn't always easy. I was going to ask if anyone has any questions feel free to ask them here. It will probably help me in that process as well. Hope to have registration and preliminary rules posted early August.

I turn 30 on the 13th... Maybe I can talk the wife into letting me go lol

Sorry I left off the fishing times are -

Monday October 13th 10am until Friday 2PM =100 hours

Website should be updated by this time next week with more details and registration options. Limited to the first paid 100 Anglers.

The $100k payout for a new state record is in play for fish caught from the CT River and a few other designated(approved) venues we'll announce later. Only public fishing areas that any Angler in the event could fish may be utilized. No private property.

By public fishing areas do you mean generally known public areas (state parks etc) or, for example, if somebody knows of a 'secret' swim hidden behind some old garage somewhere that is open to public access...would that be acceptable? If the latter is the case, will the other anglers in the event have access to the information as to exactly where these swims are?

Zach,

Would be great to see you make it.

Mark,

If it's an area that is legal to fish, public, and any angler that is competing could fish there.. then it should be OK? CT DEEP will be assisting in marshaling and have a map of all occupied pegs/swims. They will be checking on the anglers throughout the event. Number of rods used, licenses, etc. So prior to announcing where you intend to fish you may want to ask them and/or any local authority.

Using the previous event as an example Town Lake in Austin had the closed times from 11pm to 5 am. All anglers knew this prior to the event but most still chose to fish there and things worked out.

One situation keeps getting brought up is pre-baiting a swim or having someone pre-bait a swim for an angler. To just nip that in the bud we'll include no baiting along with no fishing the week prior on the CT River or any other allowed venues.

Thanks!

So will competing anglers be able to find out exactly where other anglers will be fishing? Can you move at random or would we have to notify you where we would be fishing in advance?

All anglers will know where other anglers are after the draw? So yes we will know where you are fishing at all times. We are intending on posting up publicly where you are fishing, but technology may not let happen?

If you decide to move you will call in to let us know you are moving. Once you notify us of your new location the old one is then forfeited.

You hold your swim even if you leave to go to the store, take a shower, etc.

Is "camping" allowed bankside? Any restricted hours? IE. area closures during certain hours?

Bob,

Camping is allowed in most areas. And some that may not typically allow for fishing overnight DEEP is looking at waving those rules for this event where they can.

The no camping rules have been waived for previous ToC events we held so there is a precedent already. If it's a city park it will ultimately be their call I suspect.

Sounds pretty good. Have to see about the week off and away. Are there still a lot of slots remaining?

Had several people wanting t fish both the B-ville event and ours. Our Draw isn't until 7PM on the Sunday night and it appears to be about a 4 hour drive Syracuse to Hartford. So those hard core anglers that want to do both it shouldn't be a problem!

For B-ville, we are having issues with a crew event on Sunday, which we are trying to iron out, but this will give anglers more of an opportunity to fish both events. We may shorten the b-ville event a couple hours or start it a day early. We will let anglers know soon on this issue.

Who knows, if things go well at B-ville, I might try to fish both. :yes: