Carp Anglers Group Forums
  • Announcements

David Moore

CT Carp Open postponed until Oct 11-16th 2015

Just wanted to let everyone, especially those participating know we've decided to postpone the event until next year. We had a late start to deal with and always seem to be playing catch-up in a few areas. We think the land area and 24 hour access played a role and CT DEEP is going to continue to work on that. They've already found miles of bank access, but will continue to look and coordinate with other government municipalities to accommodate us as much as possible in 2015. The anglers that have paid will receive a 100% refund this week.

Sorry it didn't work out, but looking at it we thought the investment in prize money and the insurance policy would be better spent by holding off until next year.

David

With the Ryder Cup going on it gave me the idea to add a Ryder Cup feel to this event. Have 3 angler group representations

33 Anglers - From Europe

33 Anglers US that fish Euro style

33 Anglers from the US Pay Lake style

We always hear which is best? Maybe this could shed some light on that aspect of carp angling? Thoughts?

That's just terrific. Paid for hotel for Sunday night, non refundable. Bought licenses. Bought a bunch of tinned food and camping necessities. Scheduled vacation at work. Really not happy about this David!

Sorry Craig. I'd already paid for trophies and spent several hours myself to try and get this together. Just wasn't coming together like we hoped on a really short notice tournament wise. The paid entries as of today wouldn't even cover the $100k insurance policy?

We had a great vocal interest and many of those just had too many conflicts to attend this year.

Sometimes it's just better to regroup and try at a later date. This was one of those times.

Id be glad to speak about it with you in more detail on the phone.

Dave.

Team Packbait just might be interested. your always one step ahead. Be sure to bring plenty of crying towels.

Regards

Tom.

Nothing against you personally, I understand why you have made this decision and I'm sure it wasn't easy but as much planning that goes into putting on this event, just as much goes into attending. You don't just pay your money and show up on the day of the draw as I'm sure you know. I'm just frustrated and disappointed, I put a lot of time(that I don't have,presently) and money into preparing for this. only for it to vanish with 2 weeks to go. It's a good thing I wasn't traveling from Europe. That bring said, if my schedule allows I would be up for attending next year. Just don't cancel it again or I might go postal.

Craig,

I don't take it personally. If I could fish this event I'd be there that week this year to plan for 2015 to know what I'd be up against. So maybe not all is lost?

Only thing I will disagree 100% is the planning is equal to participating. I've even fished 4 events overseas and I can assure you partipating is a walk in the park to organizing a big event.

I appreciate your commitment to attend so I'll do my best to make it up to you down the road.

Fair enough David, I honestly don't know what goes into planning these things.

Dave.

Team Packbait just might be interested. your always one step ahead. Be sure to bring plenty of crying towels.

Regards

Tom.

Not so fast there cowboy, we will be asking anglers, attending the Ed French Open, if they like the current date of Columbus Day weekend, for a potential Ed French open II.

Dave, I would love to attend as a wild water paylake, but I think that we need better communication between event organizers. just my 2 cents.

Guest THE BIG WORM

Always liked the Hartford location for the TOC, a great challenging tidal water, beautiful that time of year, and I miss it so add my 2 cents to the mix as well. First two weeks of October are dealer shows and impossible to miss. Last couple weeks of September would be a little warmer at night as well and no fall leaf problem that early......

I plan to attend this next year if it is a go longer time to plan and save. Dave Paige said she could weigh marshall if you need some help. Just let us know. Amos

CT River is fishing quite well right now ;)

post-479-0-64232900-1412633308_thumb.jpg

Edited by Savayman