Carp Anglers Group Forums
  • Announcements

BayCarper

Sf Bay Area carp

Hey guys I have limited spots around the Bay Area and I would like to increase my Index if anybody has any spots with respectable fish in it I would really appreciate the information

Thanks,

where abouts are you in the bay area? There are lots of places all over, almost anywhere holds carp

Lots of them in the Delta, for sure, and as carpskunker said, most any fresh or brackish waters are likely to hold some.

How do carp in brackish water fight compared to freshwater? Just wondering sorry of topic

all of the east bay parks districts lakes have carp- and city park lakes- also the reservoirs all over the bay area- some of the park lakes are 1-2 acres which is alright for lighter gear and some of them have really nice fish- they seem to not be as badly effected by the weed, but then the delta sloughs and bigger lakes need strong enough gear to cast beyond he margin weed and ability to potentially bring in 10lbs of weed if you get one- obviously finding the fish is also a challenge- but the wind swept sides always do better on the big lakes. It really depends what your looking for.

If you want a few days where you can camp Clear Lake is a good place to catch a lot of fish- but its best to wait till the weed dies off.

It's been a bad year for weed in a lot of places so its probably worth a look before you go, , the lake I have been going to meant casting beyond the margin weed and having the rod tips pretty high and then - if you get one you have to find the carp in the weed after you land it.

I think the biggest factor with Brackish water is when they get in the current, they also seem to eat more crustacean, I have physically seem carp almost jumping on the bank chasing crawdads on a massively wide stretch of the delta while fishing.- there is a reservoir where we fish that is connected to the California aquaduct that pumps water down to LA, we fish near the opening- they can go like trains when you hook one of them all of a sudden a 15lber fights like a 40.

So on another note, I hope all you So Cal guys like drinking our bait:)

Hey I love to fish smaller lakes and ponds I have one around my house if love specific spots , that is if you feel alright about it : also spots with koi in them are a big plus for me

Thanks again for all of the infoi would love to fish around the peninsula too but I don't think there are any spots near there