Carp Anglers Group Forums
Brian Pearcy

Loki or Ranger dealers in Michigan

Does anyone know where I can look at some Loki and/or Ranger sport fishing nets in Michigan or maybe northern OH?

I got 1 Ranger net from Bass Pro and the other from Dick's Sporting Goods. The one from Dicks came with the larger head and fish friendly mesh but the one from Bass Pro had knotted mesh and needed to be changed. I got the replacement mesh and also an additional handle section by calling the number on the Ranger website and talking to the owner- he agreed to sell to me directly because I'd already tried to buy them and then tried to special order them from Bass Pro, Dicks and Cabelas. Now that I have them, I wouldn't use anything else.

I like the Ranger Tournament Series Muskie Net with 84" handle. They seem pretty difficult to find.

Loki also makes one that seems similar to the Ranger. But I can't find a place locally, or even within reasonable driving distance, to buy one.

Cumins and Frabill both make good net frames and are in many MI stores, but hard to find one with fish-friendly netting.

Robert H (Penrhyn) has one with a long telescoping handle from Cumins. I think he replaced the netting himself?

Thanks Dave. My local Dick's doesn't have a lot of fishing stuff. I need to check around at some other locations.

I found a Ranger Tournament Series Big Game flat bottom rubberized knotless net locally this morning. I wanted my wife to test it out to make sure it's not too heavy because she does most of the netting for me.

The Ranger net is stronger built than any carp net I've ever seen, it's made in the USA and it's a Detroit company. I wanted to look at their catalog before buying, but I just checked it out online and I'm going back later to get it.

Originally I thought I wanted a bigger one, but any bigger would be too heavy I think. The model 9855TFB has a 54" handle extendable to 84", a 34" head and a 24" deep sack. My current net is similar in size, but it's beginning to show some wear tear to goes along with landing 104 carp this year.

post-8372-0-77799800-1413742201.jpg

I got the Ranger net. I'll be using it tomorrow for the first time. The biggest drawback I see so far is the extra space it takes up my Explorer when I pack.

wanna see some pic's of the hogs!!(lol) tell linda to be carful them carp ain't worth getting all banged up..

I caught one that crossed over the line from my right rod. She was trying to pick up the rod so I could walk under it and tripped on one of those rocks that are so prevalent there.

The pressure is on I guess. It looks like there will be a few nice days left this month. Maybe I'll get lucky.

by the way, I think Loki has retired; Satan's taken up his cause! :D

I have used the Ranger rubberized Big Game net for 3 sessions and landed about 30 fish in it now. I can assure you that if you land a carp that bends the handle or head on a Ranger Big Game net, then you must have landed one hell of a fish. I have now picked up several 20+ fish with it fully extended and suffered no ill effects on the net whatsoever. It probably goes without saying, but in the interest of full disclosure the net is heavier than a euro-style carp net. I was able to land several fish with the net by myself. I like the net and I don't regret the purchase one bit.