Carp Anglers Group Forums
AJ RUBEO??

350$ to spend what gear should I buy?

The lake is super weedy I fish but with clears spots. So I has a bite today and missed the fish does a line aligner help and should I buy coated braid and anti tangle sleeves etc what should I buy as terminal tackle goes. I got extra cash my birthdays coming up so I get money then so what supply's should I buy. Terminal tackle line hooks baits etc I get about 350$ for my birthday between my grandparent and cousins. I'm looking for not canned corn I'm euro tackle??

In weedy conditions I like to use a pva stick mix to protect the hook from the weeds, as well as adding extra scent and attraction.

Also, I use a lead clip in order to dump the lead if it gets loaded-up with weed while playing a fish.

Korda makes both and they have videos and articles on their website showing how they are used.

Hope this helps.

Good Luck

Chod rig and pva bag/mesh, pop ups or floating corn, do not use sinking hard baits. Nothing else. Also, I highly recommend you watch videos on Korda's website, the clips when they fish in weedy lakes. There are special reeling techniques in weedy lakes. the only think that I don't agree with them is fishing with extra slack lines

For $350 you can get just about everything you need to get started in carp fishing, including membership in CAG. :yes:

Some will say $350 is too much, but others feel $350 isn't enough. Ultimately you have to start from where you are whether you have $100 or $1,000. We all have different priorities.

Here is an excerpt I wrote for my blog recently based on some basic research I did to answer the question "how to get started carp fishing without breaking the budget":

There are a lot of opinions about what is "basic" gear. My basic might be a $40 reel and $40 rod, but there are others who believe a "basic" rod and reel cost upwards of $300. The list below is my suggestion and my opinion for how to started carp fishing with a minimal cash outlay.

LW 60 reel for $24.95
Black Phantom Classic rod for $29.25
GSP Black Alarm for $18.95
Unhooking Mat for $14.95
40" Landing Net for $39.95

For approximately $230 plus shipping, you can have two rods, two reels and two bite alarms and the basic items needed to catch, land and release carp effectively. I picked items that are all available from www.bankfishingsystems.com so that you only have to pay for shipping once. You can mix and match from different sites, but you will need to take shipping into consideration.

Of all the items on the list, the weakest link is the landing net. A quality landing net is essential to ensure that carp are landed and released with the least amount of stress for the fish. But I will offer a warning - you will need to be careful with the landing net and pick up the fish by-the-net and not by-the-handle. If you don't you will have a high probability of breaking the net the first time or two you use it and then you will have started your new hobby off with a huge disappointment. (I speak from personal experience on this topic.)

For slightly more money, you might opt for a Wychwood Signature 36" landing net priced at $81.49, a Sonik SKS 42" two piece landing net for $94.95 or a Trakker 42" EQ landing net for $120.99. (If I buy a new landing net at some point, I am going to buy the Trakker model.)

I hope this information helps you.

(If you want to read the entire article the link is in my signature.)

Were in the usa kiss is great. Look at MR Bigs Pack bait post.

braided hooklink great hooks and your good

Fishing and hunting are like cars- spend what the budget allows. You have good information- buy what you can and you can always add more later. This is why it's good to have more than one birthday a year. :toot:

For approximately $230 plus shipping, you can have two rods, two reels and two bite alarms and the basic items needed to catch, land and release carp effectively. I picked items that are all available from www.bankfishingsystems.com so that you only have to pay for shipping once. You can mix and match from different sites, but you will need to take shipping into consideration.

Great post, Brian. Sorry to say, however, that BFS recently ceased its operation, and the website was taken down. Big Carp Tackle still has (or had, as of a week ago) some BFS items available.

Bummer. They were alive and kicking when I prepared that information. I think the same philosophy still holds true. Each of the major suppliers has equipment that is entry level, medium level and premium level. It's up to us to decide how we want to spend our money.

My first full year into carping and picked up some nice BFS stuff to get into carping....too bad. Picked up nice landing mat for little$$ some other decent stuff for price too.