Carp Anglers Group Forums
  • Announcements

Ryan May

Ohio petition for 3 rods:

Guys,

If you fish ANY public access for anything other than carp, you do not want this...

Michigan has this and it has turned public access sport fishing into a clustered mess.

Same in Tennessee. People are slobs no matter how many rods they use. You should have seen the parking area at the wildlife management where I hunted last week. :barf:

Only 2 rods?... We can only fish one from land here in Ontario. If I were a 'carp tourist' $$$$ from abroad, I wouldn't blame them for choosing the New York side of the St Lawence over the Ontario side as they have a 3 rod option.

We went from 2 to 3 in PA and no issues to report. I have spoken to various WCO's and commissioners and everyone seems to prefer it more. I think it will turn into a case by case scenario. I know states are unlimited.

Good luck. Hope it passes. Kansas is a 2 rod state, but for $5 a year you can buy a 3rd rod permit. (Win/Win)

State fisheries agencies need to recycle some of those funds from Carp anglers license back to benefit carp anglers at some point though. Even if it's providing a few groomed areas to fish from on the bank.

I think its a great thing and I also signed the petition. I feel the bad eggs don't exactly follow fishing regulations anyways, you'll have that if its 1 rod of 5. I commonly see guys fishing public access spots on the GMR using 4-5 rods each.

I think its a great thing and I also signed the petition. I feel the bad eggs don't exactly follow fishing regulations anyways, you'll have that if its 1 rod of 5. I commonly see guys fishing public access spots on the GMR using 4-5 rods each.

Great to see you here Janderson, we have lots things going on here in Ohio and would enjoy fishing with you. Here's a schedule of our events for the year, next one is at East Harbor State Park, 17-19 Apr. We also had a great social last weekend. Good fishing to you.

http://www.carpanglersgroup.com/forum/index.php?/topic/54877-ohio-2015-fish-in-schedule/