Carp Anglers Group Forums
(TN) Cannonball

Big sale at Ollie's Bargain Outlet

I got an email from the above store. Ollie's is Big Lot's times ten. Anyway, they have bought out a large lot of fishing tackle. One familiar name was Ugly Stick. If you have one close or can find one, you might check out their website, www.olliesbargainoutlet.com, for more info. Click on the Great Deals tab at the top. We have one in Chattanooga so I plan on seeing what they have that could be used for carping.

Expiration dates don't really mean anything. They are mainly used for rotation of stock on the shelf; older stock goes in the front and the newer stock goes in the back. I told my wife about Ollie's getting fishing tackle and I got the "Look."

They opened an Ollie's in my area last summer. I loaded up on their cheap spices and flavorings, like anise, vanilla, cayenne, cinnamon, chili powder, etc. Also bought some Kellogg's Corn Pops -- I tried using some of their cereal as a substitute for corn puffs, but those didn't work out.

Patrick, might not be a bargain in the long run! Used to see that in a salvage store in another town near here. We buy Ollie's single serve coffee which is half the retail price of other places- 80 servings @ <$0.40 each. FWIW, we did see that Big Lots also had coffee for about the same price. Going to look over Ollie's fishing stuff. Might see what they have that could be used for serious carping.