Carp Anglers Group Forums
  • Announcements

David Moore

CT Carp Open October 11th-16th, 2015 -$100k for a new state rec

We should have the website CarpTournamentSereies.com starting to be updated next month and start accepting registrations.

CT DEEP has spent a great deal of time working on a map of areas they suggest anglers fish with any restrictions. For example Boat ramp areas are open to fish 24/7, but technically "camping" is not allowed. So we're trying to find ways to work with them on that situation.

Great River Park in Hartford and Charter Oaks Landing will be open 24/7 and shelters will be allowed as well.

Also the rules will be be 3 rods per angler due to the fishing regulation changes.

Event will still be limited to 100 anglers.

More info to follow when time allows and we'll be updating the website with new info as well.

Mark,

There aren't going to really be any pegs. More a situation of rules and what's allowed in those areas. Some areas may be large

Some very small only allowing room for 1/2 anglers. Once we get the map we'll post it up. It will also be tweaked between now and the event.

If you have any area you're interested we can forward that on to DEEP folks and see what they say.

Understood about the 'pegs' Dave..What I was trying to get at is, given the minimum distance allowed between anglers/teams, approximately how many swims/pegs/situations are approved for round the clock angling with shelters...sounds like you will have that all covered with the map..thanks!

So do anglers that fish as a pair combine their fish when it comes to the big 4 or do they just fish together but keep their fish totals separate? Seems like fishing as a pair would be a big advantage over a single angler if totals are combined. It might be a stupid question, just wanted clarification before deciding on entering.

Singles are singles, teams are teams. A single angler won the Big 4 in TX at the TCC to win $25k?

On another note I'm in CT this coming week to peg the event. Too many confusing variables for 'areas' so It looks like I'll need to peg it. Then add the option to move to an open peg.

I'll have more details after pegs are confirmed and cleared by DEEP towards the end of July.

Singles are singles, teams are teams. A single angler won the Big 4 in TX at the TCC to win $25k?

On another note I'm in CT this coming week to peg the event. Too many confusing variables for 'areas' so It looks like I'll need to peg it. Then add the option to move to an open peg.

I'll have more details after pegs are confirmed and cleared by DEEP towards the end of July.

This is great news for anyone trying to grapple with all the variables!