Carp Anglers Group Forums
Chance636

To early still?

Like everyone I have the itch to get out and fish for some carp. i normally fish sterling state but it's still frozen as of Saturday. The mouth of the Huron and near pt mouille is unfrozen. I was thinking about heading out Saturday to pt moiuille. But I'm not sure if it's to early to even bother.

Hey chance, for some venues yes it's still too early. If you want a good chance at catching try saline mill pond. Should be mostly unfrozen and will give you a good chance at a fish this time of year as it warms up quick. A couple fish have been caught out of it as of last week. I would stay away from erie right now as the water level has dropped tremendously because of the winds today.

Although sterling should start producing within the next two weeks once unfrozen

If you get out good luck! Make sure to let us know how it goes!

Thanks Austin! I was just by pt mouille today and and yes the water levels were extremely low today! Lowest I've seen them. ill give Erie a few more weeks for sure just gotta fish it before the weeds move in. Maybe I'll head to saline this weekend and see how it goes, I'll keep everyone informed. Thanks

No problem chance! I will be out fishing saline on Thursday hopefully and will let you know how it fishes. I know a few weeks ago some of the north end of ford was unfrozen but the rest of the lake was solid. Not sure now thougv