Carp Anglers Group Forums

I stopped at GFS this AM to order my seasonal supply of panko and was told they no longer carry it in anything larger than 3#. Does anyone have another source for something like a 25 or 50 pound bag?

I think it's 05015-25

Larry,

Someone told you bad info. Just because they don't carry it locally does not mean they can not order for you and get it usually next day. There is no chance in hell that a restaurant supply chain does not have panko.

I had similar issue 5 years ago with same company and we found it under "Japanese bread crumb".... Maybe something changed in their system...try that...

I had to call the help line for GFS but did find it available. It is listed under "Japanese bread crumbs" w/ item # 903463. (25# / $27.49) They show it not being stocked in the warehouse but can be ordered from the supplier w/ a time frame of 2 to 6 wks. I know for a fact that it was in their warehouse last year and I got it in a couple of days. They said they would call me when it arrives.

Very interesting. I wonder if it's a location thing? I ordered a bag last Monday and it arrived Wednesday. Blue bag of Kikkoman Japanese Untoasted Bread Crumbs for ~$24.

Where the hell are guys finding 3lbs or bigger supplies? The grocery stores here sell it in only like 8oz boxes :(

Gordon Food Service

You can do what I did and make a post on Craigslist. I found someone with wholesale connections that ordered me a 25lb bag. Great price too!

Had a similar issue that took me a couple days to straighten out, if you need it shoot me a message and I will get you a picture of the order number and all the other pertinent info that they could use to look it up.