Carp Anglers Group Forums
  • Announcements

Lefty

First Koi

Got my first Koi today. After losing one late last fall I had them on my Target List. 2days of pre-bait and a session after work today and I netted a brute at 19lbs 2 ozs. Awesome fight!!post-8866-0-61593400-1429067065_thumb.jppost-8866-0-95035800-1429067161_thumb.jp

Congrats ! great fish...

Outstanding! That swim is tough which is why pre-baiting is key. Well done!

Wow, nice fish, Lefty!

Beauty!

I have yet to catch a koi, but hope to get out this weekend to somewhere there are carp in reach!

Outstanding! That swim is tough which is why pre-baiting is key. Well done!

it is tough! I thought it was me. First time I fished it I had 2 runs with a lost Koi and a 18+ common. Then a bunch of skunks till it froze.Last nite was my first time this year. Lots of debris, weeds and snags. The bottom seems to be very silty, at least the areas I've fished

Nice fish, great angler.... I am really pleased to see that MA is a big fish area. Wasnt expecting it when I moved here.

19lbs-2ozs.i was really surprised how big it was. I thought it might be around 14 orv15 when I saw it cruising the shoreline.

Lefty, this is an amazing catch. Very colorful congratulations!

Be a bit careful though. Some local people go after kois to sell them to private pond owners, and a fish like that could trigger some not-entirely-appropriate behaviors. So stay discreet about location and so on...

Thanks Jerome. I wasn't aware of that till after I posted.iwas pretty excited when the pictures were taken. I suppose you can tell the spot from them. I know the CAG guys know where I was .Hopefully the local poachers aren't paying attention.