Carp Anglers Group Forums
  • Announcements

(RI) pickerd

RI Fish-in

RI Spring fish-in

Roger Williams Park, Providence, RI

Sat, April 25 8:30-whatever

PM for details and directions.....

Here are the specifics of our Sat. Fish-in. For those not familiar with a fish-in, it is simply a get together of CAG anglers. We fish, compare notes, talk and generally have a good time. Sometimes we even catch some carp! All CAG members, their family and friends are invited. We suggest everyone who is fishing has a RI license since there is a DEM presence at the Park.

Place: Roger Williams Park, Providence. We will fish in front of the Marconi Monument.

To get there: When entering the park, head for the zoo entrance. Go to the top of the hill past the zoo and take a right. Go by the Museum of Natural History. The Marconi Monument is about a half mile from the museum on the right. Park along the street and walk to the water.

Time: 8:30- 9 AM until whenever you want to leave. For those early risers, feel free to get there earlier and start fishing in the open spots along the path. Can't get there in the morning, then come by whenever you want.

Rods: 2 rod maximum by RI Law.

Baits: Anything goes here. No trout stocking. Plan to prebait with maize.

Other: Bring a lunch, lawn chair and enjoy the day.

Well, the fish-in turned out to be a blank, unfortunately.

Our event was well attended as we had members Todd, Nick, Mike, Lefty (from MA), Rob, Rob's friend Kevin, and Mike's dad Rick. We fished two good locations in Roger Williams Park and came up empty. The odd thing is that we did see a lot of fish, especially in the second spot we fished. These fish were just cruising around but not interested in hitting. I suspect the three recent cold days and cold night have shut down the feeding.

We did, however, exchange a lot of carp stories and fishing ideas and many of us will continue to fish together in the coming weeks and months. So, in that respect, it was a good day!

Thanks to all who attended.

I fished today in NY and saw lots of fish but none were feeding...blanked except for a sucker fish

thanks Dave . Yes the fish were off but I learned a lot from you guys. We'll share some bank again soon.

Sorry I couldn't make it guys my 2 1/2 year old baby girl was soo sick I couldn't leave. Hopefully we have another get together again soon.

Well, Iain and myself did our own micro fish-in in MA, and same result, it was good to reconnect and discuss some plans for the rest of the year, but the fish didn't collaborate... Fishing in April can deliver, but it's not that easy...

Edited by Jerome

Well, Iain and myself did our own micro fish-in in MA, and same result, it was good to reconnect and discuss some plans for the rest of the year, but the fish didn't collaborate... Fishing in April can deliver, but it's not that easy...

17 hours on the bank in 2 states this weekend resulted in 2 hookups. The first was not what I was looking for . The second was ! Got the right one on a Sweetcorn and pink plastic pop up ! Thanks again Dave!post-8866-0-91345400-1430093972_thumb.jppost-8866-0-13784700-1430094015_thumb.jp