Carp Anglers Group Forums
  • Announcements

Buckeye Bob

2015 Team USA Carp Squad final tryout

Posted by TeamUSA Carp Squad on Facebook:

Last Call for the Two Rivers Open Trial!

We have the following Anglers currently signed up for the Two Rivers Open Trial, at 10:00am on Friday 6/5:

Ken Keaton

Eric Glazewski

We will meet at the Village Inn on the Lake, 3310 Memorial Dr, Two Rivers, WI. The Open Trial will be held either right on the Lakeshore there, or at an alternative venue close by (depending upon wind conditions).

Lee (Captain), Christine (Vice Captain), and the Coaches will help Ken and Eric through the qualification process, but it would be great to see some other Anglers also try out, alongside them.

Please contact Christine or Lee (see post below for contact details) if you are going to be fishing at Two Rivers for the 2015 WI Carp Championship and would like to try the Open Trial; deadline is this Wednesday 6/3. We'd still like to see you, even if you don't think you will be able to join the Team USA Carp Squad for this years World Carp Fishing Championships (Caspe, Spain, in October); ideally we'd like to have a Squad of 8-12 Qualified Anglers available for 2015 & 2016.

This is the Final Open Trial for 2015. Selection for the 2015 Team USA Carp Squad for the World Championships in Spain will be announced as soon after this Open Trial as possible.

Thanks Bob, for posting this item, and thanks folks, for all your support for the 2 Open Trials. I've just announced the 6 Anglers for Team USA 2015 Carp Squad, for the upcoming World Carp Fishing Championships, Caspe, Spain, in October: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=670281523116883&id=409562442522127

Hi Folks,

I'm trying to help the Team USA 2015 Anglers and other Officials with their expenses to get to the World Carp Fishing Championships, at Caspe, Spain, in October. As you know, the WCFC is an Olympic-style event run by FIPSed (zero cash prizes, nationally selected teams by each country angling federation, tournament is fished for national pride and the right to run World Championships in the future), so every dollar raised by donations and sponsors is always gratefully received.

So, July is Team USA 2015 Carp Squad Sponsorship Month! I'm kicking off the Month by taking time on the 2nd to try to catch a Carp of two, and I'm looking for people to pledge me:

1. A dollar (or any amount you wish) for every Carp I catch, or;

2. A dollar for every Pound I weigh in, with;

3. A maximum pledge ($25?), just in case I actually manage to string a few bites together.

I'm organizing a few people to record/weigh my fish, and I'm working out a good prize or two for the sponsors (I'll draw raffle tickets, 1 ticket for every $25 pledged); I like to give something back to those who give to the Team!

Please contact me if you have any questions; 920-246-3434, or lee_s_young@yahoo.com. Please reply here with pledges, or pm me, or use the Facebook Link: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1102610656422281&substory_index=0&id=100000200715210).

Thanks so much, on behalf of the Anglers and Officials of Team USA 2015 Carp Squad.

Lee--Great cause! Please count on me for a $100 pledge, and let me know where to send the donation. Good luck with the campaign and with your fishing on July 2. Thanks! --Frank Rink

Thanks Frank, that's very generous of you!

I will message you with where to send the Check for the USAC, after the event, as I'm just waiting on confirmation of the "How & When?" of USAC sending you the Charitable Donations Tax Deduction Letter. That has changed this year, following the US Freshwater Fishing Federation (USF3) becoming part of the US Angling Confederation (USAC).

Thanks to all who sponsored me yesterday. I will be reaching out to each of you individually, to thank you for your contribution.

Fishing was tough, with blue skies and gentle breezes, which I think kept the bigger fish out in the Big Pond all day. I managed to find 34 fish (mostly males, largest fish 19-1) at Two Rivers Parking Lot F, for a total of 422 lbs.

Edited by Lee Young