Carp Anglers Group Forums
NHCARPGUY

BLUEBERRIES?

Do to a miss communication we were a bit short on bait (I usually have 2/lb corn / 1/lb garbonzo) but figured my friend had been boiling up a ton of corn mix so left it anyway came up short and started thinking. Had half a blueberry muffin and we were close to being out of everything else so I made a ball of it and sqished over lead on helicoptor rig.. Go a couple micro runs and alarm beeps but no hook sets. Has anyone use anything w/ blueberries w/ success....??

Never tried blueberries but I can tell you that mulberries are fantastic to use. The mulberry drop is coming,,,,usually around mid June. Look for trees in the venues you fish.

Never tried blueberries but I can tell you that mulberries are fantastic to use. The mulberry drop is coming,,,,usually around mid June. Look for trees in the venues you fish.

Speaking of mulberries, the June issue of Field and Stream has an article on using the "Mulberry Fly" to flyfish for carp. There's even a link to a short video showing one way to tie a version of that fly.

When I started making boilies I experimented with several muffin mixes mixed in. Blueberry walnut and pumpkin cornbread, both worked pretty well but the blueberry walnut worked even better using chipped dried berry's and chopped actual walnut...

Caught some nice fish and helped build my confidence with using boilies.

Interesting. I did notice on BCT looking for scents/flavors lots Mulberry one's. Kinda did it on a lark but got me thinking when I got some response from fish.

Thx

The muffin probably had more to do with those bleeps than the berries!!! I can see see a blue tint coming to our venues!!!

Here's another trick I have used with some success using mulberries. Get a bunch and crush the juice out of them. Use the juice as a dye as well as a flavor for maize or sweet corn. All natural. Purple berries did the trick for me.