Carp Anglers Group Forums
  • Announcements

lukenichols

VA Fish in - Jefferson Tidal Basin in Washington DC on July 11th!

OK we are doing a fish in at the Jefferson Tidal Basin in Washington DC on July 11th!

The very best placed I've ever fished.

Here is the tidal basin. It is the body of water at the foot of the Jefferson Memorial in Down Town washington DC. https://search.yahoo.com/local/s;_ylt=A0LEV1d.qJVVDdQA4otXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTByMjB0aG5zBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzYw--?p=jefferson+tidal+basin&addr=Fairfax%2C+VA&fr=yset_ff_syc_oracle

I will be set up just a hundred feet or two west of the actual jefferson memorial.

Here is a video of the spot where we will be fishing to give you an idea of what it is like.

The only place I fished there is the parking lot by the paddle boats. The last time I was there the Park Service had planted lots of trees so there is not a lot of room to cast.

Looking forward to It Luke. Planning on Setting up around 8 AM.

Hello Luke, Will the other side of the Basin be part of the Fish-in aswell???????

I'll be fishing by the memorial but you can go anywhere you like. I think most people will be between the bridge and the west side of the memorial

I will see what parking is like, but will be there!!!

I am glad. I think there will be a few newbies who could use your wisdom (me included).

We Enjoyed the day Fishing at the Tidal Basin. I fished with Rick and had the opportunity to speak with Luke and a young man named Gonzalez that was a breath of fresh air.

Nice.. I'd sure like to fish more with you in the near future! Any good spots you'd be willing to share between here and there?

I hear good things about Dutchmans Gap in Hopewell .

I am going to go fishing at the DC Tidal basin Saturday Nov 21st from as early as I can get up until about 5:00pm. Anyone interested please join me. If you are new to the area, you can park on Ohio Drive SW either along the street or in the designated parking lots under the I-395 bridge. All you need is a DC fishing license which you can purchase online (an annual out of state is $13). For questions message me on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/CatsandCarp