Carp Anglers Group Forums
  • Announcements

old english

Kiwanee fishin

Anyone intersted in a Kiwanee fishin? next week or two looking for a few people who want to get together and have a crack at the Johnson Sauk residents??

I am offering to BBQ if there are any takers.

Russell

Russell--Thanks for posting. I'd certainly be interested, but family commitments have several of my weekends booked in the coming month or so. However, I have pm'd you some dates on which I would be happy to join your event. --Frank

Very interested, would be a fun time, just need some dates

I am thinking the 11/12th July?

Russell--When you have a chance, please provide details:

1. Time parameters - starting and finishing times of event?

2. Assigned/drawn pegs or pick your own?

3. Fish-in or tournament?

4. Free activity or entry fee?

5. Overnight or daylight fishing or either/both?

With about a week and a half until 7/11, it would be nice to know what will be happening. Thanks. --Frank

Sorry for the late reply on this work is getting in the way of my fishing dreams!!

OK, I am thinking the 12th July as if anyone like me needs to travel they will have the option of coming up the night before and staying on in the campsite (its in the park and costs 8 bucks for anyone interested?)

1. Time parameters - peg draw 6:30 am prebaiting from 7-7:30 am contest starts at 7:30 am and concludes @ 5 pm

2. Assigned/drawn pegs or pick your own? - will explain better below
3. Fish-in or tournament? - Tournament to make it more exciting
4. Free activity or entry fee? - Open to either but we could make it interesting at 25 bucks a head?
5. Overnight or daylight fishing or either/both? - day only as the mosquito's are legendary there overnight at the moment (I speak from experience and am covered in bites currrently)

As for the fishing draw I am proposing the following and please feel free to object if it may prevent you from wanting to fish I am happy to go with group vote.

There are multiple 'picnic' sites on the park which hold at a minimum two angers

All angers names go in a hat

Names are pulled randomly from the hat

First name pulled chooses a 'picnic' site

Second name pulled may choose same picnic site but first anger pulled from hat gets to choose the peg

There wont actually be any pegs you just pick where on the picnic site you want to fish

Anglers must be no less that 35 paces apart to give each other room

I will bring burgers and beer for a social afterwards if people are interested? The Black Hawk picnic area has a great firepit and seating to get together and tell stories of the ones that got away :)

please let me know what you think - hope you can all make it

Russell

Sounds great, Russell! I'm in, and my vote is for the $25 entry fee (with, perhaps, the entry funds redistributed to the anglers with the top three weight totals). Thanks for hosting/organizing this. --Frank

Hello Russell. I will fish on the 12th or the 11th as well if that turns out to be the date. Where will we be meeting for the draw?

strong possibility I can get off that day. Will check with the boss and get back asap.

Oh, I'm retired! Sign me up. :)

I was thinking the 12th if that works for everyone so the sunday? unless people prefer the saturday?? lets meet at the restaurant/boat dock @ 6:30 for the draw

Russell- I prefer the date your originally set, Sunday, July 12, but if it changes to Saturday the 11th, I will still try to be there. --Frank

sorry guys can only do sunday the 12th now due to family stuff.. I think we have four people so far for the sunday competition..

can i get a show of hands who is in for sunday the 12th please?

thanks

russell