Carp Anglers Group Forums
MeshuggahCarp

Need help at Sterling State

I was wondering if anyone could give me an idea as to where to fish at Sterling State Park. The last two times I've went (my first two) I fished next to the parking lot and blanked hard lol. Is this body of water "seasonal" or am I just in the wrong spot all together? Also, if anyone knows, what's the average depth and does it get very weedy in the summer? I know a few of you frequent this spot semi-regularly so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Do you mean the entire body of water or just that spot? I'm not against catching my first buffalo so that would be a nice suprise. Know anything about Ford and Belleville Lake. I work right on the shore of Lake Belleville and Ford is just a stone throw away...

sterling is a seasonal water all around the the lagoons, you will do best there in the spring and fall. During the summer it's small carp, cats, and buffalo. In the fall the fishing there can be very good for size and numbers. It also stays weed free year round. My favorite area on the lagoon are the few openings on the opposite bank of the parking lot.

Also ford and Belleville lake have a lot of carp in them, try ford lake park or north bay park on ford lake!