Carp Anglers Group Forums

PRIZES --- 2015 DIXON CARP DERBY ***OFFICIAL***

The Big Worm

HERE ARE THE CURRENT AWARDS AND PRIZE LIST FOR THE 2015 DIXON CARP DERBY

GRAND CHAMPION

Awarded to the angler catching the Largest Comon/Mirror/Leather Carp or Koi/Hybrid of the Dixon Carp Derby, All registered angers are qualified for this prizes, Adult,

( Adult, Boys and Girls Division Winners would move up to this prize from first place in their division, Advanced Anglers may win in addition to their division titles)

$300 and One FineTrophy

ADVANCED DIVISION

Based on the three largest Carp/Koi of any one angler registered in this division. This division is a more competative event and is great to test your skills over luck. Past Dixon Winners and known Pro/Semi Professional Anglers are ONLY eligable for this Division at the determination of event Staff. Anyone Can Enter for a REEL CHALLENGE!

1st $100 seed plus 50% of pool, and A Pretty Nice Trophy
2nd $50 seed plus 30% of pool
3rd $25 seed plus 20% of pool

ADULT DIVISION

Open to Amature Carp Anglers and those looking to experience the thrill of Competative Carp Fishing. Open to all ages, anyone over the age of 13 will be required to start here but those younger may fish if they wish to compete for the larger prizes. Your Largest single Carp determins the winning order, one winner per person. GOOD LUCK!!!

1st $250 and A pretty Nice Trophy
2nd $150
3rd $100
4th $75
5th $75
6th $50
7th $50
8th $25
9th $25
10th $25

11th through 20th - Will be awarded tackle and/or other valuble prizes for their accomplishment. A complete list will be available at registration for viewing.

Boys Division

Boys 13 years old or younger can cut their teeth on Large Rock River Carp. if you catch the largest carp of the derby you will move up to Grand Champion

1st $30 and a cool trophy
2nd $25
3rd $20
4th $15
5th $10

Girls Division

For girls 13 and Under, and a great way to spend a weekend. I have seen winners use just about anything.....even saw a Red Gummi Bear win money. If you catch the largest carp of the derby you will move up to Grand Champion,

1st $30 and a cool trophy
2nd $25
3rd $20
4th $15
5th $10

FREE RAFFLES

When you register before fishing you will be assigned a Angler Number and a raffle ticket bearing that number will be entred into a Free Raffle that takes place at the end of the award ceremony. You must be Present to Win.

Rods-Reels-Combos-Tackle Boxes-Bait-Gift Certificates-MYSTERY BUCKETS!!!

*********AND MORE TO COME!!!**********

I WILL HAVE ADDITIONAL PRIZES BEING ADDED AND ANY ONE WHO WOULD LIKE TO SPONSOR A PATICULAR PRIZE OR NEW PRIZE ON BEHALF OF THEMSELVES, A FRIEND, BUSINESS, EVENT OR ORGANIZATION FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME AT www.carpfishingnow@yahoo.com OR PM ME HERE. SPONSORS WILL RECIEVE MENTION AT THE AWARD OF THERE PRIZE AND FOR GROUPS AND BUSINESSES THERE WILL BE SPACE FOR HAND OUTS OR CARDS TO BE DISTRIBUTED TO PARTICIPANTS AND SPECTATORS.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to Paul Pezella from Wacker Bait and Tackle for his generous donation to the Dixon Carp Derby's prize list with Several Wacker Main Boxes, some Starter Specimen Kits and a set of Fox Black Label Bobbins/Hangers.

And thanks again to Paul for offering to come out and sign autographs for all his fans (and help weigh fish)

Larry--Wishing you, Dixon, your volunteers, and all participants a great 2015 Derby. I wish I could be there.

Dan Hale currently holds the Trifecta of Illinois community carp derby championships. He is the reigning champion at Dixon, recently won the Belvidere Carp-a-thon, and, although I left a couple hours early last weekend, I am guessing Dan won the August 9 Montgomery Derby as he held the lead with a ten-pounder. I would say he is the favorite to repeat at Dixon (and his daughters will probably be at or near the top as well). Good luck to all! --Frank

Re-cap of previous years winning fish.

2014 Derby

82 Anglers + 14 Advanced Anglers

Winning fish range 12-6 to 5-11

Grand Champion 12 - 1

Adult Division 11 - 6

Boys 7 - 14

Girls 11 - 4

Advanced (Big 3) 14 anglers

34 - 1

26 - 4

26 - 1

2013 Derby

90 Total Anglers

Winning fish range 17-1 to 7-7

Champion 17 - 1

Boys 8 - 10

Girls 5 - 14

2012 Derby

87 Anglers

Winning fish range 12-6 to 7-1

Adult 12 - 6

Boys 4 - 6

Girls 3 - 4

2011 Derby

79 anglers

Winning fish range 9-10 to 3-4

Adult 9 - 10

Boys 4 - 6

Girls 3 - 4

2010 Derby and Illinois Championship

39 Anglers + 18 Two Man Teams

Winning Fish Range 12-1 to 7-10

Adult 10 - 0

Boys 10 - 7

Girls (no fish)

Team Big Fish 12 - 1

Wish I knew how to post on here. So first let me say sorry and then take a look at one of the higher teen carp I caught yesterday. 19-9 14-3, and several 7 to 9 pounders. Ended up running out of ground bait and had to go home. Caught all of them caught between 8am and 4pm. most around noon and after. But them again I did not start fishing this location till shortly before noon.

Wish I knew how to post on here. So first let me say sorry and then take a look at one of the higher teen carp I caught yesterday. 19-9 14-3, and several 7 to 9 pounders. Ended up running out of ground bait and had to go home. Caught all of them caught between 8am and 4pm. most around noon and after. But them again I did not start fishing this location till shortly before noon.

Nice work, Jim! Mark that spot for this weekend at Larry's Carp Derby. Oh, wait. I recall you mentioning that you might try across the river in the mud--another good spot. Good luck to you and all. I look forward to seeing some impressive results. -Frank

Frank, thank you. There are many good places to fish unlike other years. Under the bridge one can cast to the pillions and hold without the current coming into play. Normally only those in a boat could fish that. By the High school the current is a non factor. 2 oz lead holds. East of where the railroad bridge was is fishable. I caught my biggest carp ever a few weeks ago by the Dam on the north side. YMCA. And then my choice will be east of the boat docks or east of the water flowage by the ball diamonds. Plenty of room for those that are willing to get muddy. I have found plenty wood to walk on so at this point the mud is not a problem on shore.

I am excited about the numbers and the size of the Carp this year. The fish kill several years ago took a toll on fish in general. Good to see some Big Healthy Carp back in the Rock River again at Dixon.

• Jerome unlocked this topic