Carp Anglers Group Forums
(CO) JohnFinney

New CarpQuest Episode Released: Catfish and Carp

A new episode of CarpQuest has been released, S3E8 - Catfish and Carp

For this episode, we survive the scorching heat at the Fairgrounds and land a good common carp and channel catfish. Daris (Mr. "Cat" Fishrangler himself) and Kelly (Led2Zep), from FishExplorer.COM, stopped by to chat, always good to get time on the bank with friends, old and new.
It was great to spend some time with Daris, chatting on the bank - we shared stories, rig information and had a great few hours together. One of these days I am sure to get a line out there, deliberately in search of a monster cat ! As I have said many times before, it's the friends I spend time on the bank with, whether I catch fish, they catch, or we blank, that is important for me in my fishing. It's not the MA captures, the state records, it's that shared time with friends or family, that stays in my memory the longest...
Hope you enjoy the episode...
Tight-Lines,
John

Nice job on the video John. Looks like you carry along enough gear to get you through the day. Those bags are easier to deal with than the buckets. I treated myself to a barrow bag & now I don't need the buckets. All my gear goes in the bag & is a lot better organized.

Very nice carp & a good size on the channel.

My last trip on the river here resulted in no carp & one channel cat but it was only about half the size of your 10 pounder.