Carp Anglers Group Forums
Lefty

Tench in America

I saw a picture of a guy with a Tench on FB. Claims it's the first and only Tench ever caught in the U.S. I find this a bit of a stretch. Has anybody here ever caught an American Tench ?

I've known him for a long time and it's the first picture I have seen of one from the states. I'm sure they've been caught before though.

I remember that USA fishery survey found few tench in Conn. and other east states but rare! I believe that someone dump it from fish tank!

CCA, they are known as bucket biologists. They are the same ones who restock rainbow trout in brook trout waters in the Great Smoky Mountain NP.

Several have been posted here over the years...there is a good population of small ones in one lake in CA...and Steve Clow had one from CT a few years back...

Steve coulda used that Sunday! Lol! I remember posts of Tench from Cali. Didn't know about Conn.. I think this one was caught in Maine. Pretty cool regardless! Thanks guys!

California has some.

Wayne boon (sonic) caught one a long time ago

There's a fishable population in Lake Champlain, as well as Quebec.

saw when I fished in Washington state that they were listed as being in the Columbia river basin. didn't catch one though. love tench!