Carp Anglers Group Forums
jacob Ayotte

Another New PB mirror

I was out fishing with Brandon Dee and my girlfriend this evening after returning from a weekend white water rafting . before I had left for the trip I had fished 4 straight blank sessions we had need set up for about 2 hours when I caught my new PB mirror of 20#12oz my first 20+ fish ever a great way to end my slump. At 33 inches it would have been a nice entry into the September mirror/common tournament if caught only hours later.

post-9046-0-77095500-1441068734_thumb.jp

post-9046-0-14637400-1441068758_thumb.jp

post-9046-0-10151200-1441068781_thumb.jp

Nice fish. Congrats on the pb.

Nice fully it's not a mirror I think that the fullyscaled are prettier than the mirror

Congrats on the PB

Hey Jacob, I didnt notice before, but I think I recognize where you caught this fish.. Is that the spot where I first met your friend Tom P? I like to call it" the sandbank.". Is it right near a little drainage creek that dumps into the river?? I think Ive noticed you and your friends cars parked on the side of the road near there...

Probably just as well....... I went down there tonight and found the area to be a total #### hole! Whomever was fishing there recently really left the place in poor condition. Obviously they don't know the common courtesy rule about "taking out ,what you bring in". A few years ago, that was a special - secret spot I would bring my kids and friends down to and help them catch their first carp. Now it looks like a dump!! Old rusty chairs that were brought down to the river have been discarded and thrown into the river. Trash, milk crates, fire pits with burnt trash in them, old trees have been cut or broken,and beer bottles. And to top it all off, a big ugly sun shelter/ canopy that was constructed with trash materials and now has been left to fall apart and be swept away by the river. A real shame. Its no wonder the fishing has turned off, the carp are probably disgraced and pissed off too. Anyway, Good Luck with the rest of the season. Hopefully, I'll run into you and your friends on the bank again real soon. Take Care.

Todd

Yes todd all that was down there when I was fishing there. there was quite a bit if stuff.. That being said we had a few good nights there about a month to a month and a half ago

I went there last week and left due to 4 or 5 teens ( i am assuming) camping out right to the side of the sand patch . . definitely had a fire going..