Carp Anglers Group Forums
Brian Pearcy

Looking Back on 2015

This afternoon I was reflecting back on the year and since we have 3 or 4 weekends remaining where the weather will allow me to fish before it drives me indoors for the winter I thought I should get organized for the final carp fishing push for 2015. Earlier this year I made a list of goals on my fishing blog to add some accountability for achieving them. I have accomplished some, but fallen short on others. Here is the list with a few omitted to protect some top secret information. Wink, wink.

• I would like to help two or three new folks learn how to carp fish. I'd like to continue paying it forward. I have accomplished this one via my website.
  • I hope to catch 175 or more carp in 2015. (I need to average 5 fish per session to do it, which is a significant increase in last year's catch rate. Otherwise I need to fish a few more times.) It looks like I will fall short on this one. My go to venue is not producing like it did in previous years. Time to find some new spots.
  • I hope to catch multiple fish weighing more than 30 pounds, which would give me a new personal best. 3 or 4 weeks left, but it looks like I may fall short on this one.
  • I'd like to catch a small mouth buffalo. Accomplished this many times over this year.
  • I'd like to catch a koi or goldfish. Not accomplished.
  • I would like to fish at least 4 times per month starting in March and ending in November. That's 36 chances at a 30+ pound fish. Accomplished.
  • I hope to continue developing the blog. I wrote 153 posts so far. I'd like to add another 150 posts this season with lots and lots of pictures with a few videos sprinkled in to make things a little more interesting and to add variety. I am up to 213 posts, so it's time to kick it up a few notches.

Here's one of the buff's I caught that I am super proud of:

post-8372-0-45865900-1443999357_thumb.jp

You set the bar pretty high for yourself, and you should be proud of what you did. Would love to see all CAG members do something similar, actually!

Thanks guys. I caught 146 in 2014. Unless I pull some out of the hat pretty quickly it doesn't look like I will break 100 this year.

great to set up goals never thought of it. I had one over the last couple years and i finally got it

I'm impressed with the way you approach the sport of carping! I especially like the idea of introducing two or three to carp fishing. Thanks for sharing this information. Good luck in finishing the year with lots of gold!

21 pounds and some change. Thirty minutes earlier I caught a 20 pound buff near the same spot

Awesome set of goals and very impressive on what you've accomplished Brian!!

Congrats and good luck in the coming weeks!!

Best,

Wayne