Carp Anglers Group Forums

2016 CCC

(NY) AF Bob

We will be looking for hosts for our 2016 CCC. Please let me know if you have any question on hosting an event. The BOD can help with planning, prizes and awards.

Thanks

AF Bob

Baldwinsville! Someone build a bridge between CAG and the WCC...best tournament/high pressure venue we know of in my opinion...even when it's rough there it's better than most other places...and when it's good it's brilliant!

We finished in ELEVENTH place in the spring...with ten fish averaging 24lb+....think about that!

Baldwinsville! Someone build a bridge between CAG and the WCC...best tournament/high pressure venue we know of in my opinion...even when it's rough there it's better than most other places...and when it's good it's brilliant!

We finished in ELEVENTH place in the spring...with ten fish averaging 24lb+....think about that!

really .. ? where is this carp haven?

some question - are the dates should be in sep only ? early in june/july be a possibility ?

we some members here are discussing to put entry for MN ..

personally i wish the CCC happens in not popular states - you have tons of carp anglers in IL .IN,WI .. should we think to bring it to a different state and give carp a little publicity locally .. that being said anyone can propose venues but hosting this be a big effort - preparation with lot of personal time investment ...

i would like to know some info so we can discuss locally and see if its doable before putting an entry ..

Is this to happen only in Sep or can be done early June/July ?

MN got one Rod Rule - Im sure that will still keep you very busy at some places here..

NO Chum Rule - If picked rite month say june/july you dont need to chum or prebait at places we have in mind.

Wow! That's a lot over 20lbs! Whats the biggest?

some question - are the dates should be in sep only ? early in june/july be a possibility ?

we some members here are discussing to put entry for MN ..

personally i wish the CCC happens in not popular states - you have tons of carp anglers in IL .IN,WI .. should we think to bring it to a different state and give carp a little publicity locally .. that being said anyone can propose venues but hosting this be a big effort - preparation with lot of personal time investment ...

i would like to know some info so we can discuss locally and see if its doable before putting an entry ..

Is this to happen only in Sep or can be done early June/July ?

MN got one Rod Rule - Im sure that will still keep you very busy at some places here..

NO Chum Rule - If picked rite month say june/july you dont need to chum or prebait at places we have in mind.

Yes, time for other state! Too much carp pressure in IL and I heard good in CT. Minnesota is something different and first article about carp fishing from In Fisherman Doug stange is in Minnesota so maybe contact him.....?

The farther north the better off ya'll Yanks will be..... B-vill is without a doubt the best place possible for any event.

Minnesota would be perfect for me. As for chumming, I normally just feed the ducks which aren't there :-)

CCC in Minnesota would really help bring on a positive image here. There are thousands of lakes and they all have carp, but the public has a very distorted image of these fish. A fishing tournament would really help.

Other than MN, anywhere withing 6-8 hours driving distance would be fine. I would also like a location where 50%+ of anglers have the opportunity to catch fish. For a 1 day tourney, it's tough to drive for hours knowing that you have slim chances for catching a fish ( even if it's a pig).

Just my 2 cents. We hope to have more fish-in's in MN next year so hope to see more people coming this way.

• 2 weeks later...

As regards to Baldwinsville I floated the idea of working with CAG for the CCC. Jason is open to the idea so perhaps this option could be explored by CAG BOD? It would be great to have the CCC on the countries premier carp catching venue and make the long journey, time and expense be worth it for those prepared to travel there...it should boost attendance and possibly attract new members? In my opinion, being the oldest, the CCC should be restored to the most prestigious event of the carp angling year...