Carp Anglers Group Forums
Jerome

Fall Big4: the bar is set...

Boys and girls (and aliens like redcoat),

I reached the magical number today... Big4 at 120 pounds (and change). The bar is set.

Who's going to do better? Come on, guys, give it a solid try, you still have a full month to pull it off... Everybody can do it if you go to the right place - well, except redcoat, of course.

Here is the biggie of the day (33lb).

post-138-0-00538300-1444523345_thumb.jpg

Wow, Jerome, you are lighting it up!

As a side note, I caught this fish with a "method packbait". Yup, there is such a thing! The (very unique) recipe is the following:

- go to Ontario, fish with Lorne (hammercarp), who is a really nice guy and a paylaker, and will give you some of his packbait base ingredient (some sort of Canadian grits!)

- go fish by yourself, use your own method mix, then run out of oatmeal

- you're left with half a bowl of your method mix from yesterday, add Lorne's Canadian grits, add some creamed corn and some bird food (to help break down the whole thing as I tend to pack it too tight!)

- cast, wait, and here you are, next thing you know, you have a 33lb on your mat!

Not bad.......for a French guy! Did you catch it on a boilie??

I will be fishing by tomorrow evening so don't start getting complacent just yet. :)

Iain

I decided to challenge Austin, Brian and Brendan... They seem much worthier opponents than a confused English guy who still doesn't understand that boilies have no place in North America (right, Mario?).

Nicely done Jerome I kinda remember that confused English man doing pretty well this spring.

Nicely done Jerome I kinda remember that confused English man doing pretty well this spring.

Everybody can get lucky once in a while. Even me!

PS. Brendan and Austin accepted the challenge. Cool! Still waiting for Brian's answer.

Nice one Jerome. Glad I could help in a small way. I guess you could call that an International Method Pack and boy do I mean international. One ingredient is Colombian , one from a Portuguese company and one from here in Ontario. I have caught 30's on it. Then add your method mix and wow that is one multinational incorporation. I suppose I'll have to add it to the list of packbaits now.

Jerome

Glad to see you remembered to put the scale in the pics this time!

Incidentally, I'm not sure how it works if a fish is caught with someone else's bait. I mean if 50% of the "methodpackc" was Lorne's shouldn't each of you claim a 16-pounder?

Am hitting the road in 5 minutes and will be fishing by this afternoon. I suggest you catch a few more fish before I get back next Sunday if you plan to stay ahead! :titanic:

Iain

Edited by redcoat

No sir, your insinuations are falling flat, I clearly made this bait my own. This time! :glare:

And I certainly do plan to make good use of the next 2 days of fishing, as I'm sure the youngsters from MI will give me a hard time.

Nice fish Jerome! You'll need to do better than 120 though

Yes, I know very well this is unlikely to be enough to win. I just wanted to challenge people a little bit, and get them out fishing (preferably big ones)...

I decided to challenge Austin, Brian and Brendan... They seem much worthier opponents than a confused English guy who still doesn't understand that boilies have no place in North America (right, Mario?).

I'm not playing, but with last week's catches I easily reach 140lb. On the boilie... :party0012icon:

I would expect the winning total to be over 140lb :) Done it myself a few times although not sure if I'll have the time needed to reach the target. I'm hoping we have lots of competition and anglers catching.

That's a well-set bar, Jerome! :yourock:

There's still time to get in, boys. In fact, registration doesn't close until November 1. Register here!

I'm not playing, but with last week's catches I easily reach 140lb. On the boilie... :party0012icon:

Well, one needs to register for bragging rights... As to boilies, well, I guess that fat Mexican carp can get as confused as a certain English red coat, notably in presence of a weird Dutch angler!

Well, one needs to register for bragging rights... As to boilies, well, I guess that fat Mexican carp can get as confused as a certain English red coat, notably in presence of a weird Dutch angler!

Fat American carp also get confused by Boilies, especially when us weird Europeans fish them!! My own goal is 150lb's. I've reached just under 145lb's a couple of times in the old TOKS contest and with 3 weeks to go I think I'll get somewhere near to that :) Not trying to be suspenseful, but waiting until I catch 4 big carp before I post!!

Fat American carp also get confused by Boilies, especially when us weird Europeans fish them!! My own goal is 150lb's. I've reached just under 145lb's a couple of times in the old TOKS contest and with 3 weeks to go I think I'll get somewhere near to that :) Not trying to be suspenseful, but waiting until I catch 4 big carp before I post!!

Cool! Good luck! I'll try to improve my score in the coming week too...

Cool! Good luck! I'll try to improve my score in the coming week too...

I'm really happy with the participation so far. We have 20 anglers I believe and more importantly around half of them have been active. Makes for a much more exciting contest.