Carp Anglers Group Forums
  • Announcements

SoCalCarper

Connecticut carp tournament

Anyone keeping up with this?

A lot of beautiful fish have been coming out of the tournament. Fan tails! Mirrors!!! Large carp!!!!!

This sounds like a great place to fish PERIOD. I wish i couldve made it but for 2300+ to get there it was way above my budget.

Follow it here

http://www.carptournamentseries.com/site/leaderboards/2015-connecticut-carp-open-leaderboard/

Or

Anyone keeping up with this?

A lot of beautiful fish have been coming out of the tournament. Fan tails! Mirrors!!! Large carp!!!!!

This sounds like a great place to fish PERIOD. I wish i couldve made it but for 2300+ to get there it was way above my budget.

Follow it here

http://www.carptournamentseries.com/site/leaderboards/2015-connecticut-carp-open-leaderboard/

Or

Yes, Cristian. I've been following this since early in the week. Most have caught one or more in the mid-20's to mid-30's, so I'd say it's been a successful, exciting contest, well run by David Moore and crew. One of Ed Wagner's fantail catches was taken to a Cabela's live tank for display (hopefully for several years). The updates have been timely, accurate, and often accompanied by photos. Congrats to the organizers and all participants. --Frank

This one was/is a great one great job to the organizers and everyone behind it

I rarely fish tournaments but this was an incredible event to be involved with helping organize and also to partake.

While 'big money' tournaments are not every one's cup of tea the CT Carp Tournament organized and run by David Moore and his team will, I believe, have a long lasting and positive impact in elevating the status of carp and carp fishing both locally and nationwide.

In addition to a pre-event Channel 3 TV interview with Inland fisheries director Pete Aarrestad and myself The Hartford Courant and Middletown papers plus WFSB Channel 3 and Fox news sent crews out most days to conduct riverside interviews. I don't think there has never been so much air time given to fishing or a fishing event in Connecticut!

Here are just a couple...

http://www.wfsb.com/story/30240075/competitors-try-to-win-states-first-carp-open-fishing-tournament

http://foxct.com/2015/10/12/100k-grand-prize-at-stake-in-100-hour-fishing-tournament-on-connecticut-river/

The CT DEEP Fisheries folk, State Parks, Town officials, Police and other services went out of their way to accommodate this event that covered some 80 miles of bank space along the CT River. We were granted special access to fish overnight in some unique locations that not only proved to offer incredible fishing but also highlighted the natural beauty that typifies New England in the Fall.

DEEP officials said they received an overwhelming number of hits on their Facebook page reaching a staggering 42,000 hits for the photo of Mike Huddak's 33lb common caught in Middeltown. Perhaps more importantly they said they had received several inquiries from other states on their positive stance toward carp and carp fishing.

Everyone said they had been impressed not only by the organization, the anglers and the quality of the fishing but more importantly the level of camaraderie & dedication shown by all involved. Perhaps most importantly next years dates are already agreed with CT State officials looking to open up even more stunning venues to accommodate the number of anglers who have already pledged to come fish.

I'm delighted that CAG was represented at the tournament as it gave us an opportunity to highlight our mission and reach out to prospective members. CAG members Barry Howard and Ed Wagner also made the headlines by catching a fantail carp that (once through the quarantine process) will be swimming in the aquarium at Cabelas in East Hartford, CT.

Edited by Savayman

Great work to everyone involved !

:party0012icon:

Here is a tabulated format of the results:

post-479-0-39428000-1445194102_thumb.jpg

Edited by Savayman

Iain said it all What a great event Looking forward to next year already. Hopefully a few more CAG members will attend, thinking about it I believe CAG will be well represented next year. The fan tail which we named "Fanny" looked pretty happy in the holding tank. All in Hartford and officials were top notch. I had a great time Didn't think I could last the week but I did. Just want to express to all that attended "great angling" and a pleasure to competed against some great carp anglers See all next year.......................................

Wow, quite an event. Kudos to the organizers for putting this together.Great job, Iain Sorrell, a true ambassador of carp fishing and our CAG VP!

A great tournament indeed!

Excellent representation for the sport. Top notch anglers and a VERY top notch organizer.

What could possibly be better?

There are quite few pics on the Connecticut Carp Open facebook page.