Carp Anglers Group Forums
Willem (JD)

ATC 2016 INFO

WHEN:

Thursday February 25th - Corn boil, BBQ and Number Draw at the Wyndham Hotel

Friday February 26 - Fishing Day 1

Saturday February 27 - Fishing Day 2 & Awards Banquet at Patsy's Cowgirl Café

This year is the sixteenth running of the ATC and is being hosted and organized by Austin Carp Angler for the Carp Anglers Group. Austin Carp Angler members are all local to the venue, and have been responsible for swim clearing, marshaling, and other organizational duties for the past few years.

Whats the same and whats different:
25 Teams
It will continue to be a two-person team event.
Teams will be allowed one runner, who will not be allowed to touch any rod/reel with bait, or fish on.
Draw will remain the same, with teams randomly drawing a number during the corn boil to determine peg draw order.
On day one, teams will pick in order, drawing two pegs and choosing one, within 15 seconds.
Day two, the same procedure will apply with teams drawing in the reverse order of day one.
1st, 2nd and 3rd Place winners will be determined by total weight.
Corn Boil will still be at the same place and time (Wyndham hotel pool area), and good ol' Texas barbeque will be the fare.
Traditional buckets will contain all sorts of goodies.
Lunch will be provided for both anglers, on both days, by Thundercloud Subs.
Teams may choose from a limited selection of subs when registering.
Post event celebrations and prize giving will be held at a local Austin restaurant, Patsys Cowgirl Café (Texas comfort food). Teams must choose from the restricted menu at registration time.
Non-team members/guests choosing to attend may pay $15.00 to join in for banquet food.
Special Award for the Largest Carp (No Grassers! ONLY Commons, Mirrors, or Koi).
Special award for the Largest Smallmouth Buffalo.
Non-club sponsored pots for Total Weight, Big 4, Largest Carp and Largest Buffalo.
Hotel link-----2015 ATC Hotel Reservation Info
Registration link (be sure you are signed in as a member to get membership rates).

2015 ATC Registration Info
Modest registration fee of $150 includes:
Two Anglers (One Team) Registration
Corn Boil Activities (Barbeque, Sodas).
Pastries, coffee, tea, hot chocolate each morning of the peg draw.
Lunch delivered to the pegs on Friday and Saturday.
Complete dinner at the Awards Banquet with guest speakers from the Texas Parks & Wildlife Department.
And of course the friendship of fellow carpers - meet the faces that communicate on the CAG board....
Both team members must be CAG members.
Entry fees can include membership at $25 for one non-member ($175 total) and $50 for two non-members ($200 total).

Is there going to be a auction/fundraiser for CAG again like we had in the pass. I know it wasnt done this past year 2015 ATC but weve done it all the other years. Funds help run the club and help with expenses and other prizes for other tournaments just wondering as i usually save up a little cash for it.

Hidden

Do we have a sponsor list yet

We are still working on sponsors and prize pool items. I'll start a post with that info asap.

Also, we'll definitely have a raffle and/or auction, for prizes, as well as some games for cash/prizes.

Don't forget about side pots too :-)

I can NOT wait for this event!!! That is all.

Might be a good idea to add what the side pots will be this year.That way anglers can make an early decision and know what cash to have on hand.

Hmm. i dont even remember what we did last year... $10 for each, Big common, big buff, 1+1, and total common weights i think? Enter all or none or anything between.