Carp Anglers Group Forums
  • Announcements

fishhead

Snow in the forecast next week....but..

Still going strong on Halloween!

I had a short 90 minute session today and landed two commons - one on the chubby tubby side and the other a bit lean and long. Both were low teens. And then an unexpected capture.

Only 2-3 white amurs in the venue and one is reputed to be 33# by a fly angler who C&R'd it earlier this year.

I have landed one at 27# and today's was a whopping Meter long at 25#'s. My time was up at 5pm so only a couple pics per fish.

Pics to come... They were tooooo big to upload directly from the iPad.

Back soon.

If the pics are still too big...then i'll post them later when I can get to PShop to reduce them.

Okay! One worked. A fin shot!

post-3642-0-81862800-1446349496_thumb.jp

The meter long grassie! All pics were cell phone selfies in a big rush. Dropped the phone several times ...but not the fish!

Me holding the grassie has the phone on my minivan sliding door rail and yes, it fell and blew out of its case and turned off but didn't break the screen. Lucky me!

post-3642-0-02921800-1446350007.jpg

One more....maybe. Well, I cropped the heck out of it. Then I noticed it's a re-capture. The tell tale scale told me so.

post-3642-0-54349600-1446350730_thumb.jp

C&R for the amur and the commons. Nothing like it! Thanks for sharing the story and pictures.