Carp Anglers Group Forums
Barry

We are taking a poll

CAG LOGBOOK IN NEW MEMBERS PACKAGE  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi All,

We need some feed back from any and all members who received and or bought a Cag log book. How many of you actually use the log book. We have reached a point where we need to re-order but if no one likes the log book or if it isn't being used then it would be a waste of money to do so.

Thanks

Barry

Never had one :(

This is the last members package i received many years ago from CAG !!!!

post-5580-0-30444400-1449805792_thumb.jp

I use my own log. Maybe replace it with some stickers or anything we can use to promote CAG?

its great but idk how many actually use it. i would think just make it into a PDF file where we can print it or we can add to it when we download for CAG members only of course if its possible.

that way its still optional if members will like to use it and it wont CAG for printing postage etc. make sure it has a water mark or copyright stuff on the pages

I don't think they were included in the members' package when I joined, and I never bought one.

I've had to rely on my own memory to keep track of my catches all these years, but I assure you, my mind like a steel trap -- no matter what my wife says. :glare:

Besides, if it's not written down, it's much easier to stretch the truth when I'm talking about how many I caught or how big they were.

:bigsmile:

I've seen many new members use them.

Yes, this was exactly what I was wondering. I don't think the question is really about experienced members, the question is more do you feel it is useful for NEW members. I have a bit of an inkling that new carpers might be more inclined to keep track of their brand-new accomplishments, and this provides positive reinforcement, and overall has a positive effect. But maybe I am making that up... :rolleyes:

In my case, I used to weigh each and every fish, and keep some sort of log. Now, after a rather significant number of carp landed, I only take a pic (and no notes) if it doesn't look over 20 pounds... But I'm not a customer for those new members packet...