Carp Anglers Group Forums

New Format Questions

The Big Worm

Question

Obviously there is still a lot of work going on for the site up grade for one person, and I hate to make more work for him so I thought to ask a few questions and to hopefully answer some questions others have as well.....

1) Realistically, When should we be able to expect access to back to lets say 85% of normal?

2) Will there be away to change from the phone mode back to full screen from a phone.

3) The prompts when you try to bring up content are saying there is no content. I assume it's the system still rebooting....so before we let you know on that stuff how much time do you need so you don't get bothered with questions on specific threads....?

Anyway, thanks for taking on the herculean task!

3 answers to this question

1 hour ago, The Big Worm said:

Obviously there is still a lot of work going on for the site up grade for one person, and I hate to make more work for him so I thought to ask a few questions and to hopefully answer some questions others have as well.....

1) Realistically, When should we be able to expect access to back to lets say 85% of normal?

2) Will there be away to change from the phone mode back to full screen from a phone.

3) The prompts when you try to bring up content are saying there is no content. I assume it's the system still rebooting....so before we let you know on that stuff how much time do you need so you don't get bothered with questions on specific threads....?

Anyway, thanks for taking on the herculean task!

Hard to estimate. This should give you an idea at the pace. There are over 600 000 posts on the forum.

FRIDAY 5PM posts was not started yet (db's rebuild one at a time)

56afacaaee63a_1-29-165pm.thumb.PNG.1baf6

SUNDAY 18:30PM

56afaca970d6d_2016-01-3118.29.59.png.5a6

MONDAY 11AM

56afaca85e1b7_2-1-1611am.PNG.d116a6b659c

MONDAY 1PM

56afaca763672_2-1-161pm.PNG.f8e30873a861

Currently no separate skin exist. The system automatically adjust.

That is related to the posts being rebuild. The Database that stores all the "User Created Content" had to be

converted to UTF8. So the content must all be rebuilt in order to be displayed.