Carp Anglers Group Forums
Willow

Time to get back into it

So its been far too long. Since I have been on the fringes of Carp fishing the last 5 years, with just token trips twice a year, now I am living next to a big lake its time to explore the Carp opportunities close to my new home.

Shore spots are hard to find here but now I am a resident in a lakeside community I get free parking at many parks which opens up a host of areas I could not come too without spending 30 bucks a day to park at while fishing. That and my new job gives me some hours spare with no more working all weekend every weekend.

So I have some of my favoured baits coming from Simon at Carp kit which will be added to the usual pigeon mix and corn for bulk feed along with a whole bunch of liquids/flavours I bought back from England last August, to top up the ton I already have.

So now finally the ice huts and ice have gone will wait for the temps to rise a little before getting some bait out to some spots I have marked as places of possible interest for Carp to visit. The bay here is shallow and early season I think will involve long chucks with the marker rod, spod and eventually baited rigs, to get to some slightly deeper water particularly during the day.

Will keep updates coming through the spring for anyone interested and if it goes well will try to get a fish-in up here which more than likely would be 2017.

tight lines and tangle free rigs to all

Nick

Very cool. Good luck, and tell us what happened...

Well good luck to you Nick.  It's a big lake so it has got to hold some big carp.  And I'll bet a lot of folks don't target them much up that way.  You may be a pioneer!

I know what you mean about parking and access, though, so I'm glad you've got that covered now. 

I caught lots of big Carp before the big fish kill a little further North from a river but never got a chance to fish the main Lake. So will put out some bait and see, my big thing is bait application and fishing accurately to it no matter what distance so helpfully this will help. Only competition I will have is guys netting them to sell down in the city and bow fanatics.

Below is some of the action I had up here early 2008

DSCF2089.JPG

DSCF2100.JPG

DSCF2091.JPG

DSCF2128.JPG

DSCF2118.JPG

DSCF2497.JPG

Good luck for this season!  Thanks for the pictures.  Definitely some nice carp!  Going down to Georgia for a trip Friday and Saturday.

Some real beauties there Nick.  Especially the mirror( I've yet to catch my first ). 

I didn't know they net fish up your way for sale( at Kensington market perhaps? ).   

Yeah I saw it on you tube 150lb of fish only a couple of guys now do it but used to be a commercial fishery up here years ago

And that mirror was one of the hardest fights I have ever had, there was no run on the Delks to start it leapt vertically out of 3 foot of water 3 foot in the air with the hook in mouth with the lead trailing behind, I have never seen this in all my years of carp fishing and never again since.

It is great to see you back Nick. I am looking forward to seeing more great pictures and posts. I got out for the first time this year on Thurs. I fished the swim that I chose for a fish-in years ago. If you remember we went out there only to be thwarted by ice. :)

wow great fish you caught there i can only imagine the size of them now 8yrs later:o